• Register
  • Help

Topic: VotA users

VotA users

Been waiting for the new demo of VotA just to hear the new piece. Everytime I check and find theold one I listen to it again.

You guys should listen to this piece a few times and listened to the tricks Nick does. Theres a bunch of vowel stuff at about 2 minutes, and he layers some stacatto \"ah\"s underneath, it really sounds like the voices are \"moving\" to the notes that start with ah then go to another vowel. I think if I to this same thing with the harder attacks of the other vowels (add a short burst at the end of the vowel) it might make for more moving lines. I dunno if anyone else is going to try it, but I dont have the time or will right now, Still I thought I\'d share a little thought.

Really...I am an Idiot

Re: VotA users

What art updates/edits have you applied so far?

I made great use GPC2 ATTACK with the Angels but I can get anywhere with the rest.

Also, this noise in the low octaves is killing me. I am ready to just let low E be
    the deepest note. It\'s a stretched sample and I am afraid to mess with it...any thoughts?

Oh, and were do I mail the check for all of your professional tech support?

yah the lowest note in few of the vowels is pretty noisy....but its just the volume of the singers and raising the noise floor. One note aint really a big deal...especially a base note, If the music you\'re writing has other instruments jsut use a pad. I\'d like to see nick post a \"noise print\" for the lowest note, so people can use available noise reduction tools on the sample if they want. You could also stretch the next highest note down. Jsut remove the region for the lowest note, then stretch the reagion from the next note up out over the deleted note regions.

Try toying around with it. you learn alot by fooling around with editing. If you screw up you have the original CD or even just edit on copies of hte instrument to test out ideas. Thats how I used to do it.

I haven\'t finished up any ART file edits on VotA. Still tweakinga away on GOS when I sit down to edit. I\'ve also been focusing on composing and learning music stuff. My GOS edits should be done before XMAS, then I can move on to VotA attack/releases, but I\'m curious to see waht Nick releases in the realm of ART files before I waste my time. I wont do vowel crossfading for sometime since I want to get back into composing and focus on work on that game I\'m working on. Its been pretty slow on that end so I\'ve had time to focus on GOS edits, but once that picks back up I\'m gonna be out of the GStudio realm for a bit. Also I can\'t say that my edits will be something everyone will like

As for a check, hmmmm... its strange but for somereason everytime I get into a new piece of gear I end up doing some sort of \"tech support\" I still get calls from strangers who \"get my number\" from other studio heads and they offer me money to come out and work on their computers or set up studios and stuff. WHY AM I NOT RICH OFF OF THIS STUFF!!!!! I think I\'m too nice of a guy....

I share too much still I\'m keeping SOME secrets for myself guys besides they are so out there nobody would want to try implimenting them....well not \"nobody\"

Really...I am an Idiot

Hey King,

Could you give us a hint at what you\'re doing with GOS edits?

[This message has been edited by Tokyo Joe (edited 12-13-2001).]

I don\'t know if I agree with you on the note thing but I do agree with everything else.

That, \"too nice of a guy\" stuff...

well, I don\'t know man...
    No, wait!
    Yea...I agree

You rule...be cozy in knowing that

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 12-13-2001).]

I\'m working on two surprises

I can guarantee tht GOS users will be happy tho

Remember I\'m trying to finish them by Xmas, that doesn\'t mean they\'ll be available by XMAS

Thats all I have to say about that

Dont you guys have enough in GOS hehehehee

Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Dont you guys have enough in GOS hehehehee<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er.. in a word, no :-)

Also, with your \'sound designer\' approach I have a feeling its going to be very interesting indeed. I for one am looking forward to it!

Go Back to forum