• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee bass updates

Scarbee bass updates

Hi Scarbee, can you clarify the update situation for your basses? Specifically, I have just the slap bass. With your password I have downloaded slap_update_2_0 and J2_exp_pack_1. I don\'t think I can get to exp_pack_2 and assume that\'s not for slap users. Your web site also mentions \'J2/3 - Exp.P.1 (J-Slap) postponed to 2002!!\'. So many products but I don\'t always know what you are talking about!

I feel like I missed some of the history behind these updates. I can add the wav files and apply the articulations (although I haven\'t yet); is there an order for the updates I have? There\'s so much info on your site but I feel like it does not tell me basic info, like what I should and should not have...

Thank you sir!

Re: Scarbee bass updates

Hi Sam,

You havbe got it right the J2 expansion Pack 2 is for the J-Fingered users.

\"J2\" - like J-Slap 2 means the bass recorded with both pickups on. So \"J2 Expansion pack 1\" is an expansion for J-Slap 2. (both pickups)
    And \"J2 Expansion Pack 2\" is an expansion for J-Fingered 2 - both pickups.

bet there are also the J-Slap/Fingered 1 and 3 (bridge pickup and neck pickup. I have not time to make thse right now so these expansions are prosponed. When I started these expansion packs I had no idea how huge they would be - it surprises me a bit...

hope it helps

About the update procedure, there is an install note I guess.

The J2 Expansion pack is a stand-alone-gig so you don\'t have to do anything but unpack it.

Hi Sca

Ooops ! Let\'s do it again, my fingers deceived me !
    So :
    Hi, Scarbee, I\'m waiting for your Fingered to be available here in France...
    \'Hope it will be next week, ot at least before XMas !
    About the updates, are these big files ? Because for people who still live their humble life with a 56K modem (like me...) it can be a drag !
    And it\'s surprising that a just-released disk already needs an update : it would have been far more convenient to wait one more week for the shipping (we have waited 3 months...), and to put everything on the disk, would\'nt it ?
    Best regards,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sirbellog:
    And it\'s surprising that a just-released disk already needs an update<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn\'t \"need\" an update - the Expansion packs are bonus material for those who legally buys the library. The library itself has lot\'s of samples and articulations. But
    maybe I should remove the Expansion Packs to the J-Fingered from my website to avoid this confusion. If people are just being disappointed about the actual release then it is no good to me. This certainly does not inspire me to make any more free material!

About the 56 modem - it will take longer and be more expensive if you should order a CD.

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 12-13-2001).]

Sorry Scarbee,
    I did not mean to be offensive : I respect your work (the concept, and the resulting material I heard from your demos).
    Still you did not totally answered :
    are those \"bonuses\" so big that only ADSL modem owners will have a chance to enjoy them ?

The exp. gigs are about 20 MB each. One for J-Slap users and one for J-Fingered users.

Sorry for the angry tone in the previous post.

No problem, Scarbee !
    Well, 20 Mb is not too much (a two-three-hours business in 56K).
    So now I\'ll wait for Tascam/Teac France to receive and ship your disk !
    And of course I\'ll let you know how I like your bass when time has come.

Thanks Scarbee, that info is useful.

And of course this library doesn\'t NEED expansion, it is amazing as shipped. What he is doing is extraordinary and beyond the call. Keep it up Thomas, your work is right on.

Go Back to forum