• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Worra's Place back!!!! (well, almost...)

Share/Bookmark

Worra\'s Place back!!!! (well, almost...)

Hi there!

Most of you guys are probably familiar with my site \"Worra\'s Place\" where you could get all those free gigs. Well, as you probably know, most of the gigs have been unaccesable for a looong time, but now I\'ve think I finally found an acceptable solution to the problem. I got a dedicated server with 50Gb/month in bandwidth.....

I haven\'t got all files back up yet, it will take a couple of days, but I wanna give the server a test by letting you download one of the most asked for free gigs in Worra\'s Place: The mighty Pedulla Thunderbass!
    It\'s about 65Mb.....

Note: The file are compressed using Winrar, so you need a program like WinRar to uncompress. Netscape might having trouble with the .rar file extention, but Explorer works fine.
    Let me know if it downloads ok and that the speed is acceptable.

Ok, here\'s the link: http://sru60-1.servers-r-us.com/gigs/PedullaThunderbass.rar

Best
    Worra

Re: Worra\'s Place back!!!! (well, almost...)

Hi Worra,

Good to see you back!

If you buy a licence to Winrar ($25-35) you get the opportunity to make .exe files that needs no winrar program to execute. Your users will like this.

Scarbee

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    Hi Worra,

Good to see you back!

If you buy a licence to Winrar ($25-35) you get the opportunity to make .exe files that needs no winrar program to execute. Your users will like this.

Scarbee
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yep, I know. But there\'s a lot of firewalls that have blocked .exe files, so when I had selfextracting files, there where a lot of people that couldn\'t download at all.....

/Worra

I you don\'t have WinRar, go to www.shareware.com and search \"WinRar\".

Just got v2.90 - cool program, can also other archives (zip, cab, etc).

Peter

Thanks Worra,
    Great bass!

Please forgive my ignorance, but why did you map the different dynamics to the breath controller? Having just survived a flu, this bass really got me coughing all over the floor...

Peter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    Thanks Worra,
    Great bass!

Please forgive my ignorance, but why did you map the different dynamics to the breath controller? Having just survived a flu, this bass really got me coughing all over the floor...

Peter
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It\'s not I that have sampled this bass. It has been sampled by Michael Dilger who have contributed it to Worra\'s Place. Should be easy to map differently though.

/Worra

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Hurchalla:
    Well this may sound silly, but you could wrap your win-rar self extracting exes inside a zip file (with no compression). It\'s another option to consider perhaps. Nice to see you\'re back <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, hrm... it\'s maybe like swearing in church, but there might be some other samplers that can use gig-files that would be interested in getting these files.
    Those users come in two flavours, PC & Mac.
    Now, Mac users can uncompress rar-files using StuffIt, but they can\'t run exe-files.

/Worra

True. I wasn\'t thinking about people using Macs, but I\'m all for multi platform. That other sampler is fine by me - though I can\'t seem to remember its name in here. *coughcough*

50gb??? That will be used up in no time!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Hurchalla:
    True. I wasn\'t thinking about people using Macs, but I\'m all for multi platform. That other sampler is fine by me - though I can\'t seem to remember its name in here. *coughcough*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hrm...coughcough...hrm.......

Go Back to forum