• Register
  • Help

Topic: IF ANYONE EXPERIENCES ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE POST. So do I, Nick !

Share/Bookmark

IF ANYONE EXPERIENCES ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE POST. So do I, Nick !

Nick,
    I am a french purchaser of your Strat library.
    I\'ve been waiting for it like an impatient kid and was happy to see it shipping at last, and so much impressed by the demo that I could not wait until it\'s available in Europe (stupid behavior of mine, I guess, it\'s already is, now).
    ---------
    Now, I have a VERY frustrating problem :
    the Strat Neck gig can\'t install :
    I get the following message :
    \" E/L 56 STRAT NECK r00 - packed data CRC failed in QL\'56 Strat Neck Gig - Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation - CRC Failed in QL56 Strat Neck \"
    The problem starts when reading the disk #3. The initial part of the \"Strat Neck\" install, within disk #1, seems to work fine (no message but the one at end asking for the next volume) . But with disk #3, the processing starts, seemingly normal, then becomes slower and slower, untill at the end I get the aforementioned red-lettered message.
    I tried to install this Strat Neck gig four times, with exactly the same result each time.
    The QL56 Strat Bridge installed properly on first try.
    So the cds (at least disk #3) must be responsible for this, I\'m sure, not my system.
    And that is the first time I encounter this kind of problem with sample cds....
    ------------------------------
    I do not know if this is directly a problem linked to copy protection, BUT it seems at least that this protection does not make things simple : I indeed informed EastWest 48 hours ago about the anomaly, and they have not provided a solution yet, saying that they \"must consult the producer\" (I guess it\'s you ?).
    My feeling is that the copy protection system makes a standard replacement of just one disk difficult (maybe impossible ?) and IMO that\'s why they did not give me good news untill now.
    --------
    For me it\'s quite a drag, because I ordered from France, suffered big taxes for import, and if now I have to re-ship the whole package back to EastWest, wait until they ship another one, and risk to be once again taxed on the new package (Will I have to try to explain the story to the custom services ? \"Pay first, we will see later if a refund is justified\" will probably be their answer), I will have lost money, time, and my nerves as well !
    -----
    So what can you make or suggest in order not to transform a QL Strat long-time-seeker into a QL Strat for-long-disapointed ??
    -----
    regards
    sirbellog

Re: IF ANYONE EXPERIENCES ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE POST. So do I, Nick !

Yikes! Please keep us posted how this all ends. For $300.00+ you should be entitled to a quick response and solution to this matter.

p.s. This is a perfect example of why it hslps to have a real web page, public phone number, email address so end users can quickly resolve issues like this.

p.s.s. I was REALLY hoping you would put together some comments and demos about this library. You and I were pretty excited about this library originally.

Re: IF ANYONE EXPERIENCES ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE POST. So do I, Nick !

Hello, Munsie,
    Thanks for your concern.
    ----
    1) EastWest contacted me at last, promising to immediately send me a new disk #3. I’ll see, and keep you informed when I receive it. (and I hope it will be good news !)
    --------------
    2) I did not post comments about the QL Strat for two reasons :
    a) The 1st one is that I have not had enough time to serioulsly explore the possibilities of the Strat : I must finish a private video project that my family and friends urge me to complete once for all: a documentary about my 3-weeks long trek in Nepal, to Everest Base Camp, last year. I’ve been a bit lazy about it since I’ve been back in last May, so I must now work twice as hard on it if I want to have it done before Xmas (it lasts about 100 minutes, painstakingly choosen from 330 mn of initial shooting….)
    b) The 2nd one is that I was a bit p… ed off by this whole story : having waited so long, and so hard, for this Strat, to end up with half of it, and these problems… My enthusiasm was a bit down !
    -------------------------------
    3) Anyway, the first feelings about it (for the Notch and Bridge gigs only, of course), is rather positive.
    The sound and articulations are here, playability too. I guess that tweaking the gigs to accommodate each one’s playing will be necessary, but this done, this Strat should be a way to try for anybody really wanting to simulate electric guitar parts.
    I also guess that a convincing strumming simulation should be more within our reach than with other guitar samples, but it\'s not black magic and will still need quite a bit of editing work and care (right voicings, slight delays between strummed notes, etc.
    -------------------------
    As a bottom line, my feeling (for now) is that there is here a very good potential, but that it will take some time (maybe several weeks) to know and master possibilities (and weaknesses as well)and so to really determine if the guitar-keyboardist goals may be fullfilled with the QL Strat.
    -----
    But as a good new, people who have purchased the Vintaudio guitars did not waste money : in no case QL Strat would justify to throw Franky’s Strat (and Les Paul) away to oblivion.
    Conversely, they should complement well !

Cheers

Go Back to forum