• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need a good "Doo voice"

Share/Bookmark

I need a good \"Doo voice\"

Hi all

I\'m been looking for a good \"realistic\" Doo-voice for GigaStudio

I have the CONXEXANT GM 500 Library and this \"Doo Voice\" sounds realy badly

What Sample Cds are good for this?

many greetings
    Marky

Re: I need a good \"Doo voice\"

Mark, Vocal Planet has some fantastic doos, dohs, ahhs, etc. kind of like Manhatten Transfer sounding. Really cool scats and stuff plus ethnic voices and gospel singers, etc. It\'s a little pricey (399.00-5 disc set). Check out their demo at www.ilio.com
    That\'s about the only library I can think of.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 12-04-2001).]

The \'Choirs\' disk from ProSamples has a pretty good Doo voice-at least it\'s better than the Roland SC-88. And it\'s only $39.95 at Guitar Center right now (at least in San Jose, CA!) Don\'t know about the other stores.

Dasher

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    Mark, Vocal Planet has some fantastic doos, dohs, ahhs, etc. kind of like Manhatten Transfer sounding. Really cool scats and stuff plus ethnic voices and gospel singers, etc. It\'s a little pricey (399.00-5 disc set). Check out their demo at www.ilio.com
    That\'s about the only library I can think of.
    [This message has been edited by Damon (edited 12-04-2001).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vocal Planet has TONS of that kind of stuff, all super-well recorded. Great recommendation.

There\'s a Kurzweil format CDROM called \"Take 6\" which is a really amazing jazz and scat vocal sample CD. I haven\'t converted it to Giga yet, but it\'s on my list of things to do.

Sweetwater have it for sale... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/results.tpl?action=full&--eqskudatarq=Take6&Criteria=Results&infomode=info

It\'s a little on the expensive side (with Kurzweil, what do you expect?) but definitely one you should check out.

I have been a Take 6 fan from the beginning and have eyed that sample CD for god knows how long.

Too expensive....yes!!!
    Will it convert to Giga nicely, workably?

These have kept me from getting it.

I got the Vocal Planet. Very very very usable stuff. Recorded very cleeeeaaann!

If you ever convert your Take 6 CD please post your results.

Hi

Thank you all for the answers

Can you say me, where I can hear a sample of the Take 6?

Marky

\"Hallelujah\" from Best Service has amongst others a nice, sweet, non-gospel ladies background choir recorded in Munich that does doohs and the like quite well. I got the CD audio version, but recommend importing the AKAI CDROM if you want to save time.

Cheers, Robert

The Take 6 CD shows up regularly on eBay-new, unopened copies from a dealer in Florida (don\'t know if he\'s \'authorized\' or even if that has meaning in this context).

The Take 6 CDRom is available at Sweetwater for $350, but there\'s no demo posted.

What\'s the state of CDXtract and Chickensys conversion for Kurzweil? Last I heard, it was \'in progress\' but not completely reliable.

Dasher

Go Back to forum