• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler installation not working

Gigasampler installation not working

I need help badly.

I bought Gigasampler some years ago (Gigasampler 3 Orchestra).

I just bought a new harddrive for my samples and reistalled the system on a different harddrive (the orioginasl systemdrive was broken).

What happens is that the License Manager freezes at startup. Totally freezes.

I have been given some zip files from Tascam together with a Register Utility Procedure. This procedure is suppopsed to fix any problems with old licenses etc on my harddrive. I have done exactly as they say and reistalled GigaSampler, but nothing changes.

The problems started after reistalling the application because I was repidetly given new Registration keys from the Licence manager.

My system is:

Pentium(R) 4 3,04GHz with 1,5gig RAM
    Windows XP professional Service Pack 3.
    System disk (IDE), extra disk (IDE) and Sample disk (ATA)

Soundcard: RME Hammerfall 9632 with latest drivers
    MIDI: M-Audio Midisport 2x2 with latest drivers.

System tuned for audio.
    No firewall og anti virus applications running.

Re: Gigasampler installation not working

If you’ve upgraded to Internet Explorer 8, be sure to uninstall it. Not sure about the license manager, but GS won’t run with it installed on your system.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

Also, please be aware that some Seagate hard drives have firmware that makes the License Manager in GS3 unable to function properly.
    This is only about the OS drive C:, not the samples drive.

I went crazy for a yr. trying to figure out why GS3 was fine on 1 machine and not the other and it turned out to be the dreaded "Seagate Firmware Issue."
    As soon as I replaced the new Seagate with a WDC everything was fine.

I am rather late finding this topic, and please forgive me if I sound like a confused old man -- which would be true in any case -- but I am confused over the terminology used in this topic.

GigaSampler is not the same thing as GigaStudio. GigaSampler never went beyond version 1.64 and will only run on Windows 95/98. You will never get it to work with Win2000, WinXP, Vista or anything else.

If you bought GigaStudio 3 Orchestra, then I can understand your frustration, but TASCAM/Teac will no longer reply to any inquiries regarding the Giga technologies.

Just wanted some clarification on the terminology here. It makes a HUGE difference.
    Arvid Hand

What might help is a repair install of XP as long as you XP install disk is SP1 or 2.
    I can't recall if this ever messed up GS3, but it renders GS4 dead.

I didn't have any problems with a Seagate drive but it was an IDE 160GB.

I don't know how much you have invested in gig files but you won't have to deal with any of the quirky crap switching to Kontakt.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

I had problems with 2 Seagates ... both IDE ... a 160gb and a 250gb.

Go Back to forum