• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: ~Bortkiewicz~Pensées Lyriques~

Share/Bookmark

Arrow ~Bortkiewicz~Pensées Lyriques~

Hi to all,

In my pursuit of very little known composers I am amazed again and again to find some very talented composers who, for one reason or another, have been forgotten.

One of them is Sergei Bortkiewicz, whose works I immediately liked and which don’t fall short of well known compositions of the same era.

This little piece, the third in the set of his ‘Pensées Lyriques’, caught my attention and I’d like to share it with you.

Enjoy!

~Yudit~

Re: ~Bortkiewicz~Pensées Lyriques~

Hi Yudit, This was a pleasant surprise this morning. The piece has some clever chromaticism that almost sounds like a "whoops" moment at times. Your playing and the perspective and ambience left me feeling like I was in a smallish room with the piano. It's a nice piece, although far too short. So I listened several times and read the biography you linked for us. The gentleman seems to have been unluckily in the wrong place several times in his life, amidst turbulent political and social upheavals.
    Thanks for the "Pensees". John

Post Re: ~Bortkiewicz~Pensées Lyriques~

Another pleasant piano meditation with Judit,

Yes, Bortkiewicz chose a suitable title for his lyrical thoughts á la Liszt!

Fred

It`s beautiful Yudit, very chopinian, or like Lizst`s Consolations maybe. You did a great performance, transmit a lot of feeling, delicated, subtle, and the Steinway sounds really great too.

Regards,

Victor

Yudit:

An excellent rendition of this lovely, little piece. Your piano
    playing really shines here and the tone and control displayed
    has to be the objective of many pianists here at the Forum.

BRAVO,

Jack

What perspective and what reverb?
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Yes Yudidit!

you got the piano sounding lovely in a very nice surrounding.
    Just great!

I wish I could play like you.

For future posts, you might want to put a note above the picture, something like...

click on the picture to listen

Dan

Wonderful. Yes, sometimes those good composers are hidden behind the famous, but worth exploring as you did in this little piece, very very beautiful.

Raymond

Very nice, Yudit! I love this kind of music, and you performed it well. I enjoyed the way you shaped the ends of phrases.

Thanks for my introduction to a new composer.

Owen

Oh yes! I can see why you are attracted to this piece, Yudit - It's a wonderful find, and your rendition so captivated me. Excellent!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi Yudit, This was a pleasant surprise this morning. The piece has some clever chromaticism that almost sounds like a "whoops" moment at times. Your playing and the perspective and ambience left me feeling like I was in a smallish room with the piano. It's a nice piece, although far too short. So I listened several times and read the biography you linked for us. The gentleman seems to have been unluckily in the wrong place several times in his life, amidst turbulent political and social upheavals.
    Thanks for the "Pensees". John
    John,

Glad to hear that you had a pleasant morning surprise...

This piece, short as it is, is a clever and complete work of art.

Although I love to go to recitals and hear piano played in large halls, I prefer the more intimate rooms, because then ambiance doesn't swallow up all the fine details of the music played and you can feel more close to the pianist.

Thanks for listening.

~Yudit~

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast