• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Patch Question

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Patch Question

Hello,
    I am using 1 instance of Omnisphere with 7 midi channels each with its own patch.
    One of the preset patches that I'm using is called "Wait for it keys then wheel" which is sort of an electric piano with lots of delay controlled by the wheel.
    The problem is that each time I open up my project and press play, the part plays with no delay on the patch despite the fact that when I recorded the part for that patch I used a delay of 90 as it appears on the wheel display. A setting of 90 gives a lot of delay.
    Now, in order for the part to play as intended I need to turn on my midi keyboard and move the wheel to whatever setting I want (90) and only then the project plays the patch as I want. If the midi keyboard is left turned off I have no delay at all.

Can anyone help with this?
    thanks.

Re: Omnisphere Patch Question

hopefully i haven't misunderstood your question
    But do you have wheel cc info before the first note of this part?
    I think you need that cc info with the cc value where you want the wheel to be..
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Simply insert a wheel event (CC#1) at the beginning of your project. Either manually, if your host has an event editor, or just record the wheel moving to the desired value - done!

Alternatively adjust the initial value(s) of the parameters in question and save as new patch. That's assuming you want this state fixed - as determined by the wheel at 90.

werner

EDIT: Must! Type! Faster! hehe...

no, you said it much better than I did.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Thanks for the replies.
    When I record a midi part does it also record the wheel events during the recording?
    What about if I set the wheel at a certain value and not touch it during the recording? Why doesn't the midi recording acquire the wheel's initial value?
    I'll try the suggestion by adding a recording of the wheel moving from 1 to 90 just before the patch recording.

Thank you.

that's because your daw doesn't query your controller. It isn't a two way communication. Automap for instance does (and I don't think it is using midi controller data in its native mode), but for the most part midi controllers arent queried by the DAW.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------

Go Back to forum