• Register
  • Help

Topic: Possible solution for 32bit mem restriction in 64 bit hosts

Share/Bookmark

Possible solution for 32bit mem restriction in 64 bit hosts

Here is an application that someone on another forum is developing to run 32bit vst plugins in 64bit hosts freeing up some of the memory restrictions that 32bit has:
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=244999&postdays=0&postorder=asc&st art=0

It's in it's testing stages but feedback seems to be positive. I haven't been able to fully test it myself yet, but it's worth a look.

Re: Possible solution for 32bit mem restriction in 64 bit hosts

It's actually the solution i was waiting for before most of the 32 bits plugins become 64 .

I run my DAW on XP 64 , with the 32 bit version of Cubase 4. What you dont talk about is the "32 bit plugins to 32 bit host" type of bridging that Jbridge allows.

It's simple, you launch your plugin as usual in cubase, and , instead of loading it in Cubase memory space, it loads it outside Cubase , with his own memory space. And, as each 32 bits application , on a 64 bit os, can use up to 4 gb of memory, this solution is great. If you have 16 GB of RAM you can load 4 kontakt instances with 4 gb of memory for each instance.

This , to me , is even better than using Jbridge to bridge 32 bits plugins to 64 bit host, which uses more CPU because of the 32 bit-->64 bit conversion

Go Back to forum