• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Troubles with making CD Booklets

Share/Bookmark

Troubles with making CD Booklets

Use this program:

http://www.scribus.net/

Found it, played with it and enjoyed it. Any questions, just PM me (or whatever you like).

Raymond

Re: Troubles with making CD Booklets

This is a great publishing utility! I'm having to jump through a bit of a hoop to install it on Mac OS X 10.5, but I think I've got it now.

If it works I'll attempt to put together a little octavo of one of my choral pieces and post a sample.

This looks like a great program, thanks for posing it, Raymond.

Next week when i have faster internet, !'m going to download it and give it a spin.

David

Thanks, Raymond - I've often thought of how it would be very nice to be able to produce a good looking CD booklet. I'll have to try out this program. I looked through the templates and I see they have a CD booklet template. It's an open-source program--Very nice--Power to the people!

Randy

It is a great program. Small DTP, but powerful. Yesterday I started to make an 8 pages booklet for my symphony. OK, it is a bit weird where to place to pages. I am using two pages on a landscaped A4. Don't use the possibility of your printer to print double sided, then some pages will be upside down. Just re-insert your pages manually (backside and NOT turned left/right).

For those who already installed the program, here is the link to my empty booklet including links for text frames, etc. Download the file, load it and you will see, I hope. You can make the text in another program (e.g. Office Write, where you can have spellchecking, etc.) and import it with some keystrokes. Easy enough, though I didn't do this one yet.

Raymond

------A glitch when I tried to install the program. AFTER installing it, a text file comes up about the program, and it says that BEFORE installing, one has to install Ghostscript. Well - a little late to find out that I need that After installing---grrrrr. OK, so I'll uninstall Scribus, go get Ghostscript, then do the install again.

Posting this in case it helps someone avoid the same mistake.

Randy

No luck. I uninstalled Scribus, installed Ghostscript (two attempts - confusing to me which download link to use - finally got it) - Re-installed Scribus, but even with Ghostscript installed and sitting right there in my program files, an error message comes up from Scribus saying Ghostscript wasn't found so the program won't work. - I've uninstalled again. --??? No time left to struggle more with it this morning.

Randy

Ignore the window about Ghostscript. I says that it cannot use EPS images or Postscript Print preview. Click OK to close that window and the program will load. At least it does on my system and I have Ghostscript installed, but somehow the program doesn't see this.

Raymond

Ignore this Ghostscript message also when installing the program, Randy.

R

Hi, Raymond - OK, so your experience is the same as mine. The program doesn't find Ghostscript even though it's in my program files.

I assumed that it was important for Scribus to use EPS images and Postscript Print preview. You apparently are getting the printing results you want even with this technical glitch or whatever it is?

Randy

Go Back to forum