• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere - Melted Ebowed Piano Swell crackles

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere - Melted Ebowed Piano Swell crackles

I always get crackles when triggering a note using this patch.

Am I the only one?

Re: Omnisphere - Melted Ebowed Piano Swell crackles

I'll try it out. I get crackles with the Dream of the Mystic Rhodes patch and have had a call into support for 15 days now. They must be real busy. There are two or three FAQs in their knowledge base that discuss adjustments to streaming. If you have not been there I recommend it. But, I have never been able to get rid of all the pops/crackles. Also, please validate the patch name so I can try the one you have problems with. I am not able to find it.
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

I found the patch you referenced. Don't have a problem with it... unless you are talking about the distorted sound towards the end. But, I thought that was part of the intended sound. Can you create a clip of the crackles?
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

Tobias, I received an answer from their support 2-3 days after I emailed them about another question so I guess they are not that busy as to not answer at all. I suggest you try another call or send another email.

Thanks for the feedback, Tobias!

I just figured out that it is the Flame Distortion in the fx rack that causes the crackles everytime I trigger a new note before the previous note has died out. Reducing the FD´s Post Gain and/or the Amp Release value helps, alltough that is changing the original character of the sound.

I can confirm that the Rhodes patch is crackling here too, but only when I have at least one more patch loaded and arp activated on both. Well, that´s making it hard to say which patch is actually crackling......

I tested with this project:

1 instance of Omnisphere:
    Ch 1: Dream of the Mystic Rhodes
    Ch 2: Burning Piano

Both channels assigned to separate midi tracks and ARP activated on both patches.

The result is random crackling.

I must be on the 'do not call list' ;-) I have called them 3 times and emailed about 12 times. I will try again. Thanks for the comparison data on their turnaround time.

Tobias
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

See the other thread on this with my name in the subject. I now have traction with Spectrasonics support.
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

Go Back to forum