• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Trilian delayed?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Share/Bookmark

Trilian delayed?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just saw on the Spectrasonics website that Trilian has been apparently pushed back to June 29th. That is really horrible for me, I had a vacation planned for the beginning of July that I was going to work my *** off with Trilian in May and June to save up for. Logic crashes pretty consistently with the Trilogy wrapper and has caused me to lose a lot of unsaved work. What a bummer, I'm sure it will be worth it though. AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Re: Trilian delayed?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yep. Sorry for the delay, but it'll be worth it.

We're adding some additional new software features and new sounds that need a bit more testing time.

Just a little while longer. :-)

I'm more inclined to just say "thank you" to Spectrasonics for letting us know, and wait patiently until they feel the product is ready. If they need more time, that's okay, because they have an excellent reputation to protect, and also I'd rather see a product arrive that was ready for release rather than one that wasn't. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I'm not really looking forward to Trilian....I am.....but I also suggest our world won't fall apart if there's a slight delay. And I can still use Trilogy with the wrapper until Trilian is ready ........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now Im a angry Spectrasonics fan. Lmao Im kidding. Take your time Im sure it will be pretty crazy. Ummmmm do us Intel Mac users you have Trilogy already still get it for free?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re. "Intel Mac users you have Trilogy already still get it for free?"
    ---According to the information on the Spectrasonics web site (and what Eric posted previously) yes, Intel Mac users/owners of Trilogy will indeed be offered a free upgrade to Trilian.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Yeah it's free,

And I'm sure someone will still find an excuse to complain. For those special few surely Spectra will accept unsolicited donations.

Despite my personal frustration with the delay, I have zero frustration with Spectrasonics. I think that companies receive a lot of heat when these kind of delays happen and then end up not wanting to give out estimated release dates, or even stop communication with their users entirely, something I'm very thankful that Spectrasonics hasn't decided on.

The thing that upsets me the most are all the people who flamed Spectrasonics for releasing Omnisphere without some of the things that were eventually included in the updates. It is possible that Trilian could have been released in May as planned, sans several features that could have been put into an later update. Then, after all the hell they received about Omnisphere not shipping as a "finished" product, they decided to wait. Pure speculation of course, but certainly a possible factor.

Anyway, Omnisphere can keep me going for years alone and I can't say enough good about this product. If it is any indication of what we have to look forward to in Trilian, I can wait as long as I need to. At this point, I honestly think that the music I create wouldn't be a tenth of the quality without Spectrasonics, and for that I am very thankful to them!

Does anyone know if Trillian will work on a G5 Mac?

I'm running Trilogy with a G5 and Logic 8 (10.5.6), and it sort of works although the AU manager tells me it ain't happy!

I'm really hoping Trillion isn't an intel only VI?

Cheers.

It should do as Omnisphere works on G5 (not sure how well) but as Trillian is also based on the same STEAM technology as Omnisphere you shouldn't have an issue.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just saw on the Spectrasonics website that Trilian has been apparently pushed back to June 29th. That is really horrible for me, I had a vacation planned for the beginning of July that I was going to work my *** off with Trilian in May and June to save up for. Logic crashes pretty consistently with the Trilogy wrapper and has caused me to lose a lot of unsaved work. What a bummer, I'm sure it will be worth it though. AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
    Thunder - I can see how upset you are by your use of the rarely evoked "triple frowny face" emoticon combination. Just take a deep breath.

But you're right - it will no doubt be worth the wait. Can't wait to check out the new acoustic samples.

Go Back to forum