• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Cold Wind~Cry Of The Angels -Sword Of The White Knight with lead guitar

Share/Bookmark

A Cold Wind~Cry Of The Angels -Sword Of The White Knight with lead guitar

Derek did another lead for me, this time for Sword Of The White Knight. I did a remix and new master and here it is.

A Cold Wind~Cry Of The Angels -Sword Of The White Knight

http://www.box.net/shared/4tjkm2tqxf

A Cold Wind ~ Cry Of The Angels is the intro to Sword Of The White Knight.

GPO instruments I used are:

4 Cellos
    6 Violas
    6 Violins
    4 French Horns
    3 Trombones
    2 Trumpets
    3 Bassoons (Sword Of The White Knight)
    1 Tubular Bells (A Cold Wind ~ Cry Of The Angels)

I also did the drums, bass guitar, guitar power chords, 4 synth tracks and the organ tracks.

EDIT: I made some small changes to the lead guitar. That is the version up mow.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Re: A Cold Wind~Cry Of The Angels -Sword Of The White Knight with lead guitar

OUTSTANDING!! I think this sounds great, Aram. Love that choir patch in the early going and GPO is sounding good in this track. The guitar sounds great in this as well, although a bit low in the mix for my taste. I can hear it fine, would just like to HEAR it, if you know what I mean.

Good work on this, you guys! John

Thanks John.

I wanted the guitar to weave in and out of the orchestra.

The choir patch is off my Yamaha So8 sound bank.

Hi Aram, this is symphonic rock, isn`t it? It combines a kind of soft rock with a mystical, spiritual sense. I liked the guitar too, singing with deep feeling.

Victor

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, this is symphonic rock. I love mixing the orchestra with the drums, guitars and keyboards of a rock band, I like the feel/lift I get when I blend them together.

I'm thinking about writing one more song for my CD now.

Howdy, Aram

You know how I love your stuff. I'm most always in the mood for this style that harkens back to the big symphonic rock sound I've always dug so much.

Derek's collaboration with you was again just what the doctor ordered.

I have to confess some confusion over the shape of this project. There have been different versions of the same pieces, and I know you've tried to explain what is the intro to what, and how it all hangs together, but it's somehow eluding me. I'll just have to wait for the big final package.

Just listening to this entry on its own, I felt the mood was getting stretched thin by the time the band came in. It's a fairly long time to be just with the chord progression, I got a bit anxious for the thing to get going.

The big sections with the full rock band and orchestra of course are the meat of the thing, and they sound great. The soft, sustaining section between the first two big sections - it was a let down to me. It was a step back. Pulling the mood down again would work, but I felt that this mellower section needed some kind of forward-moving development to it rather than what I felt was kind of a static, treading-water hold on the proceedings.

Mixed review. I like parts of this, I just keep wanting it to keep going farther - I feel like it never lets loose like it could.

Randy B.

Hi Aram,

Don't know why, but Randy just acted as my spokeman. One thing he couldn't tell was, I LOVED IT. Finally something completely different and it is worth listening all the way. Give that guitar a "jump", please.

Great stuff,

Raymond

That's the ticket, that little bit of edge to the guitar tone brings it out just enough. Good stuff! John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    That's the ticket, that little bit of edge to the guitar tone brings it out just enough. Good stuff! John
    Thanks John.

Well it nice to be appreciated even if its 1st of April.

I'm glad to see the Buckshead fan club at work, we'll show Snorlax yet

Derek
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast