• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Composer Needed

Share/Bookmark

Composer Needed

I hate it when this happens. I got a call this morning from a NY production company, asking me to score their next documentary. The completed score is due by the first of June. My problem is, I'm already committed to score about 5 1/2 hours of film by the first of June, so I have to pass. Nuts.

In the past, I've referred clients to other composers that I know, but I thought I might try something a little different this time. I've heard some incredible compositions on this site over the years, and know that there's a lot of relatively "undiscovered" talent out there.

Here's what I can tell you about the project. It's for national broadcast (I can't tell you the name of the broadcast organization, but it rhymes with "Smashional Theographic" ;-), they'll need lots of "world" music (incl. music from Brazil, India, Alaska, etc., etc.), and the production company is located in NY, so living in the NY area might be considered a plus.

If you 1) have the time to score a one hour doc, 2) have at least a few national credits, 3) have been a full-time composer for a little while, please let me know. I'll refer a few names onto the producer, and then they'll review your website/work and call if they're interested. I don't want a referral fee or anything like that - I'd just like to help promote some of the great composing talent that's out there these days. I should say that the producer will also be looking for a composer outside of any recommendations that I pass on, so it's quite possible that he'll find someone own his own.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll shoot you an email with more details. Thanks.

John

www.jdkmusic.com

Re: Composer Needed

Thats extremely nice of you! I wish I had more experience writing world music. Hope you find some great talent here... I know there's lots.

You have a PM John.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston View Post
    You have a PM John.
    Forgive my ignorance - is PM a good thing or a bad thing? Prime Minister? Purple Mango? Pontificating Monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by JDK Music View Post
    Forgive my ignorance - is PM a good thing or a bad thing? Prime Minister? Purple Mango? Pontificating Monkey?
    Post Meridien .. as in afternoon... or maybe he meant a personal message. hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK Music View Post
    Private message here on the forum...click on the private message link at the top left above the forum sections.

Or you can go into your user profile here and click "list private messages" on the left hand side of the profile settings section.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

PM from me as well...i mostly do commercial work, but i've got long form on the resume as well, and i collaborate frequently with a multi-instrumentalist that is just perfect for this sort of thing!

thanks!
    andy
    www.strongforthefuture.com

PM from me too, John - thanks.

hmmmmm....

A COMPOSER getting a call from New York offering a job.....but said composer refuses the work because he is too busy COMPOSING?!

Might this be a bit of early "April Fools?"

If is it, he got me!
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox View Post
    hmmmmm....

A COMPOSER getting a call from New York offering a job.....but said composer refuses the work because he is too busy COMPOSING?!

Might this be a bit of early "April Fools?"

It is it, he got me!
    He said he's already committed.

Go Back to forum