• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: did tobias 7000 solve the glitching in omnisphere ? i have the same problem

Share/Bookmark

did tobias 7000 solve the glitching in omnisphere ? i have the same problem

yes i have the same problem with omnisphere running in sonar 8. simply listening to the sounds and random crackes or pops occur. i did notice when i tried recording a midi track and then bouncing it to an audio track the glitches were not there. please let us all know if you solved the problem and how you did it. thanks, rick

Re: did tobias 7000 solve the glitching in omnisphere ? i have the same problem

I use Omnisphere & Sonar 8 also. What I've learned so far....

Disable X-Ray (Global options)
    Close Omnisphere's GUI when done loading patches & editing

those two things help a lot. I still have problems if I have a bunch of CCs assigned to Omnisphere's parameters. I don't know why that slows my machine down but it does.... significantly.

'hope that helps.
    Greg McGuirk - music director
    Bennett Innovations
    an employee owned company
    www.bimedia.biz

Hey Everyone,
    The problem is not yet solved. Never had a call back from Spectrasonics... it has been almost a month. I can only surmise they think it is not a common problem therefore not worth their time.

I have X ray turned off. I have tried with the GUI open and closed. I have tried in a completely new project file with only one track and instance of Omnisphere. I have implemented all Windows tunings recommended in FAQ. I have tried with streaming on/off and adjusted per the FAQ.

I have zero, read 'no', other problems with pops, crackles, or glitches with any other softsynth or with audio files in SONAR. This includes RMX - it works fine.

I HAVE STOPPED USING OMNISHPERE for now... don't know what else to do. Since my music right now is in demo mode, I can get by with other sound sources... too bad because the patches in Omnisphere are so inspirational.

Tobias
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

Good News! I called again today and I have someone permanently assigned to work with me. Apparently the first person to respond to me dropped my original request as they were put back on the development team and he just dropped the ball. .. it happens.

I'll keep you all posted as Spectrasonics support is very interested in resolving this.

Tobias
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

I had a similar problem with my old machine. Event with the default patch I got a crackling sound. Especially if I used the mod-wheel (even though the mod-wheel was not assigned to anything). It got better if I minimized/closed the Omnisphere window.

After a while I found out that my graphic card caused the problem. Try switching out you graphic card with another one and see if the problem is still there. Or you could try to update the drivers for the graphic card or see if there is some hotfix for it.

I hope this helps.

-Ranietz-

I was wondering about the graphics card. I updated to the latest driver then backed down because it did not fix the problem but added another different issue (or so I thought at the time). I'll consider that if Spectrasonics comes back with no resolution.

What graphics card did you end up with? I have the GEForce 8400 GS.
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

In my old computer (which had the problem) I have an ATI Radeon 3850.
    In my new computer (which works great) I have the same as you (GEForce 8400 GS)

hi, please tell me what video graphics card you switched to to fix the audio problem in omnisphere. i am having the same problem as tobias7000. thanks for any info, rickjr
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranietz View Post
    In my old computer (which had the problem) I have an ATI Radeon 3850.
    In my new computer (which works great) I have the same as you (GEForce 8400 GS)

If you haven't already, be sure to check the Sonar FAQ for Omnisphere at support.spectrasonics.net.

- Glenn

Looks like we both have the NVIDIA GEForce 8400 GS. That fixed his problem, but not on my system.

I will talk with Spectrasonics on Monday. They have a load of memory snapshots, project files, and history from me. Hope we find something soon.

You may also want to run the DPC Latency checker and monitor your system as you start and run Omnisphere.

Last, I am using a utility called DoubleDawgBoot. You may also find that helpful. As we all know, there are many different causes for pops/clicks and dropouts.

Tobias
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

Go Back to forum