• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Garritan Purchases Giga Technology Assets from Tascam

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Purchases Giga Technology Assets from Tascam

ORCAS ISLAND, Wash. and MONTEBELLO, Calif., (April 1, 2009) TASCAM, a division of TEAC America, Inc. and Garritan Corporation announced the completion of the sale of technology assets relating to GigaStudio, Gigasampler, GVI, Gigapulse and all Giga products.

Gigasampler revolutionized the music industry when it was introduced in 1999 and its importance in the music world cannot be overstated. Giga products enjoy exclusive rights to Endless Wave technology, a patented system which allows large samples to be streamed directly from the hard drive with low latency. Giga became the professional's sampler of choice for many film, game and television composers, including many high-profile musicians.Giga has led the industry throughout the past decade. Garritan also has a history with Giga, and the Giga technology fits into Garritan's mission to revolutionize music technology and provide musicians with the tools needed to make great music.

"After reviewing over twenty companies, we believe that Garritan is the best candidate to carry on development of the Giga platform", stated Derek Davis, EVP/COO of TEAC America, Inc. "Garritan has demonstrated a sincere interest in building on the present Giga technology and taking it to the next level."

"We're very excited about this opportunity and proud to own some of the very best sampling technologies on the planet" said Gary Garritan. "Acquiring the Giga technology helps us achieve our vision of providing the best tools to make great music available to all musicians.""

Garritan will be announcing its plan for the assets in the coming months. For more details, FAQs and information please visit www.garritan.com.

Re: Garritan Purchases Giga Technology Assets from Tascam

Let me be the first to say congratulations and thankyou, Gary! This is truly WONDERFUL news.

Best,
    Michael
    Dell Core2Duo E7200, 3GB Ram, SATA 160GB, SATA 250GB, Yamaha KX88 controller, Cubase Essential 4, Gigastudio 3.

So Gary can you fix the current version of GS?
    It won't work if you install it on a XPS3 machine.

Nobody is fixing anything. There is no official support for current Giga users. I suggest you read the FAQ.

D

For questions regarding Garritan Giga support please read the FAQ at: http://www.gigastudio.com/faq.html

Jim

Well, I guess I jumped the gun there thinking that the acquisition would be of benefit to existing users of Gigastudio. My thought was about existing licenses and being able to move them to other machines, etc.

I just assumed this would be addressed, but it doesn't look like it, since the FAQ's say there WON'T be support for existing users.
    Dell Core2Duo E7200, 3GB Ram, SATA 160GB, SATA 250GB, Yamaha KX88 controller, Cubase Essential 4, Gigastudio 3.

yay! I'm so glad that the Giga reign WILL continue! It's still early to tell, but hopefully this would mean (for me) the a new vst version will be released standard pc and mac. In the faq it says the new team will be looking for suggestions / ideas for develepment...

Indeed! Congrats!

I can't wait to see what you do with the tech and the brand.
    It's a Viking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
    yay! I'm so glad that the Giga reign WILL continue! It's still early to tell, but hopefully this would mean (for me) the a new vst version will be released standard pc and mac. In the faq it says the new team will be looking for suggestions / ideas for develepment...
    That's right wakestyle, we're looking for ideas and suggestions. We have an exciting road ahead of us.

Best,

Gary

This is the best news I have had all year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Gary, I couldnt be happier for you or for the fate of GigaStudio! Not only can I finally breath easy that all my investments in upgrading to GS4 64 bit last year will finally get a stable release but I am truly excited to see where your talent and prowess will lead this product. My very best wishes on a successful endeavor!
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast