• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Purchases Giga Assets (Official Press Release)

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Purchases Giga Assets (Official Press Release)

Here is the official Press Release:

GARRITAN PURCHASES GIGA TECHNOLOGY ASSETS FROM TASCAM

Orcas Island, WA and Montebello, CA (April 1, 2009): TASCAM, a division of TEAC America, Inc. and Garritan Corporation announced the completion of the sale of technology assets relating to GigaStudio, Gigasampler, GVI, GigaPulse and all Giga products.

Gigasampler revolutionized the music industry when it was introduced in 1999 and its importance in the music world cannot be overstated. Giga products enjoy exclusive rights to Endless Wave technology, a patented system which allows large samples to be streamed directly from the hard drive with low latency. Giga became the professional's sampler of choice for many film, game and television composers, including many high-profile musicians. Giga has led the industry throughout the past decade. Garritan also has a history with Giga, and the Giga technology fits into Garritan's mission to revolutionize music technology and provide musicians with the tools needed to make great music.

"After reviewing over twenty companies, we believe that Garritan is the best candidate to carry on development of the Giga platform", stated Derek Davis, EVP/COO of TEAC America, Inc. "Garritan has demonstrated a sincere interest in building on the present Giga technology and taking it to the next level."

"We're very excited about this opportunity and proud to own some of the very best sampling technologies on the planet," said Gary Garritan, CEO of Garritan Corporation. "Acquiring the Giga technology helps us achieve our vision of providing the best tools to make great music available to all musicians."

Garritan will be announcing its plan for the assets in the coming months. For more details, FAQs and information please visit http://www.garritan.com or www.gigastudio.com

Re: Garritan Purchases Giga Assets (Official Press Release)

And now the future begins...

Well done, Mr Garritan

tony h

(I hope this isn't an April 1 joke)
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Hope that this doesn't mean everything else gets put on the back burner.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Smile Re: Garritan Purchases Giga Assets (Official Press Release)

Congrats Garritan really great news..Again Giga back to lifeI decided to sell my GigaStudio 4 but now no way! I hope GS 4 will be support by Garritan..

Shakuman.

Me Thinks this is an April Fools Joke

Peace

Rik Pfenninger

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    Congrats Garritan really great news..Again Giga back to lifeI decided to sell my GigaStudio 4 but now no way! I hope GS 4 will be support by Garritan..
    Nope. No Tascam product will be supported by Garritan. See the FAQ at:

http://www.gigastudio.com/faq.html
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Looks legit! Cool!!

Now, I'll have to give some thought again to the Wavelore Pedal Steel library...

Quote Originally Posted by JerryPettit View Post
    Looks legit! Cool!!
    It looks legit, but it does sound fishy too...

This is definitely real and not an April Fools joke. I recommend that everyone read the Giga FAQ link posted above. This will answer most questions.

Jim

I stand corrected. Not a joke! Film Music Magazine announced this as well! This is GREAT news!

Peace

Rik Pfenninger

Go Back to forum