• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ambience, textures, pads, etc.

Share/Bookmark

Ambience, textures, pads, etc.

Mmkay, I\'ve got around 300 bucks, and I\'m looking for some ambience. Keywords: dark and haunting (or bright in a dark and haunting way? ).

What are my options? Any personal experience/preference?

Thanks an oodle.

Re: Ambience, textures, pads, etc.

Real synths...

I know some people here don\'t approve of them, but NiceBytes makes a line of CD\'s that have about 75-100 of the patches from a lot of popular synths. I ordered the 33 CD set in Akai format for $350 on E-Bay. For realism, it\'s not great, but for pads.. Well.. it\'s in there. I\'ll probably keep most of the CD\'s, and sell the ones that I don\'t want. And hey, it makes the sample library look bigger. (That\'s 75-100 patches per CD. I\'m guessing that there\'s a LOT of samples there.)

[This message has been edited by SOD213 (edited 12-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by SOD213 (edited 12-02-2001).]

Check out BT\'s twisted Textures at soundsonline/eastwest. Sounds pretty interesting and not that expensive.

I like the ambiences in Distorted Rality

I\'ve heard alot of good things about Drone Archeology

Also XXXLARGE pads has a bunch of pads Not really interesting ones, but alot of them that you can mix and fade in and out of each other for some cool textures.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Hi, there are a few libraries out there with textures : Distorted Reality 1 and 2, xxlarge pads, Dream experience is nice too.

Personally, i\'ve been a bit disapointed in that segment of samples, so i am buying a new real synth (god it\'s been a long time since i went shopping for an analog synth...)

But... in softsynths there are some really nice ones that i like wich are pretty close
    Native Instruments FM7 wich i just tried today is excellent !!! also Reaktor 3 is mighty fine and pro52 wich is an emulation of the Prophet 5.

I am looking at a Novation Supernova(the laptop model) right now for textures and stuff, i like the Virus B but it\'s too expensive.

Go Back to forum