• Register
  • Help

Topic: FAQ: What are Garritan's plans for Giga?

Share/Bookmark

FAQ: What are Garritan's plans for Giga?

From the FAQ. Feel free to ask questions or discuss...

What are Garritan's plans for Giga?

Our plans are in the prelimary stages. We are evaluating how to incorporate Giga technologies in our future products. We will extensively develop the Giga technologies and take them to the next level. The Giga software product line ended in the summer of 2008, but we plan to continue the legacy of these products in new forms. We have taken the first step by acquiring the Giga technology assets from TEAC. We have a great programming team that is working with the software code. And we will consult with appropriate experts, as needed. Now it will be very important for us to get input from our users. This will help us with ideas and to chart a course of action. We will share our plans as they develop and mature.

Re: FAQ: What are Garritan's plans for Giga?

Will the almost completed Mac version be completed, or will a version be made available for the Mac?

I actually saw GVI running on a Mac at NAB - two years ago. (It was a private demo, but I wasn't under NDA, and Tascam sold it, so I can surely blab now.) It wasn't product ready, but the proof of concept was complete.

I was shocked when the plug got pulled before it was released. Who knows what state it was in before the roof fell in.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    I actually saw GVI running on a Mac at NAB - two years ago. (It was a private demo, but I wasn't under NDA, and Tascam sold it, so I can surely blab now.) It wasn't product ready, but the proof of concept was complete.

I was shocked when the plug got pulled before it was released. Who knows what state it was in before the roof fell in.
    It seems the Mac version was in good shape and in the final stages of beta. We tried it here and were surprised how far along it was.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    It seems the Mac version was in good shape and in the final stages of beta. We tried it here and were surprised how far along it was.
    That's great news, Gary.

I'd imagine that this was a lot like buying a used car without a chance to look inside. You never know if you will find a rusted lump under the hood, or a finely tuned machine with $50 worth of change in the seats.

It sounds like the Mac version was in better shape than expected.

Question Re: FAQ: What are Garritan's plans for Giga?

Will your successor of GigaStudio (i guess GigaARIA hybrid) support audio over ethernet, something that have been done before with FX-Max's GigaTeleport (simmilar to VSL's ensemble) ?

In one's interest this could save a lot by avoiding purchase of sound cards for each computer in studio.

Go Back to forum