• Register
  • Help

Topic: FAQ: Will My Investment in Giga Libraries be Protected?

Share/Bookmark

FAQ: Will My Investment in Giga Libraries be Protected?

From the FAQ. Feel free to ask questions or discuss..

Will My Investment in Giga Libraries be Protected?

We realize that many Giga users have a great deal invested in Giga libraries. It is our hope that those who invested in Giga libraries will be able to continue to use them in our future products. Owning the Giga format puts us in the ideal position to provide native solutions for Giga files.

Re: FAQ: Will My Investment in Giga Libraries be Protected?

This is one of the most important technologies. The Giga format not only includes information about basic sampling, but lots of synth parameters, DEF and PRF parameters, information about embedded GigaPulse resonance - and very efficient lossless compression for streaming of 24-bit samples.

Also, many people claim that Giga simply sounds better than Kontakt, even with the same libraries.

Using sfz as a format was a good place for Aria to start, but the Giga format can take Aria/GarritanGiga to the next level - and beyond...

Hi Jon

SFZ 2.0 is much more advanced than people think (if they only glanced the 1.0 spec), in
    fact on a pure dimension/performance standpoint, I don't think there's a lot missing in SFZ 2.0 with regards to Giga. Also ARIA has its own SDK which allows programmers to create hugely complex MIDI rules and totally new and integrated effects.

I hope to give more concrete examples, but as mentioned in FAQs, there's a lot of code to go over, but we estimate that the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Jon,

David is right about SFZ. But we do plan to support and incorporate the Giga format. ARIA's modular architecture gives us more flexibility and features. I think a more advanced spec could also emerge.

Gary

Go Back to forum