• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: please release the gvi giga player

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    please release the gvi giga player

    Well i can only hope for this product... Hearing that gvi4 was not to be released was so sad... now this!

    From using the classic gigasampler, i was totally hooked on this software. It's unbeleivable! I really wish that they (nemesys/tascam) had maintained the basic player and that their was a lightwight version available for a decent price. Those basic features are all i really am after. I never had the need for the full on studio version (plugin support with giga just seemed to bloat the software imo). Just a lightweight player for use with your own giga or other supported format samples libraries (ie akai, roland) within a host environment.

    Giga Player: Vsti

    16 part multi-timral
    instrument stacking
    realtime control of filters/midi assignable/midilearn
    Quicksearch library

    Available as downloadable trial for standard mac/pc it would be so sweet.

    pleaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee

  2. #2

    Re: please release the gvi giga player

    Quote Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
    Well i can only hope for this product... Hearing that gvi4 was not to be released was so sad... now this!

    From using the classic gigasampler, i was totally hooked on this software. It's unbeleivable! I really wish that they (nemesys/tascam) had maintained the basic player and that their was a lightwight version available for a decent price. Those basic features are all i really am after. I never had the need for the full on studio version (plugin support with giga just seemed to bloat the software imo). Just a lightweight player for use with your own giga or other supported format samples libraries (ie akai, roland) within a host environment.

    Giga Player: Vsti

    16 part multi-timral
    instrument stacking
    realtime control of filters/midi assignable/midilearn
    Quicksearch library

    Available as downloadable trial for standard mac/pc it would be so sweet.

    pleaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
    Maybe the guys working on the Linux sampler could help you out. There's also a product called Samplelord that should do this.

  3. #3

    Re: please release the gvi giga player

    Wakestyle,

    Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Maybe the guys working on the Linux sampler could help you out. There's also a product called Samplelord that should do this.
    Yes, LinuxSampler, available on GNU/Linux, MS Windows and Mac OS X, might be something like what you're looking for.

    LS will soon make a new release (and hopefully start making those a bit often than every odd year) with a lot of improvements. As the current stand-alone release for Windows is quite old and the fact that no compiled version of LS as VSTi has yet been released.

    If you're using Mac then there's already a beta release of LS as AU plugin. Take a look in this thread for info on latest releases:

    http://bb.linuxsampler.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=295

    Both the stand-alone and the plugin versions of LS use Fantasia as GUI.
    Anders Dahnielson

    Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

  4. #4

    Re: please release the gvi giga player

    Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Maybe the guys working on the Linux sampler could help you out. There's also a product called Samplelord that should do this.
    thanks for that... but that won't help me because i don't use linux. I could also use windows search to manually navigate my sample library. There is another sample library program call basehead aswell that is handy. But even in the giga sampler of old days, their was a joy to be had in using the arrow keys to cycle through the .gig files and be able to hear them instantly. I like simple things. For me this is a must have feature because many of my songs are not using the same sounds all the time. I am holding off on buying the new EMU sampler becuase of this (and the fact it's just a tad too expensive). When loading samples, if i have to pull up a window, navigate to appropriate directory, load sample every time... arrrhhgggg!!! So at least 3-4 clicks or more to move to the next patch. That's depending on whether or not the loading interface remembers which directory your in.

    Ideally i would like to use the cc# patch up and patch down to scroll through patches as well. All of this just helps my workflow flow, and lets me sit down at my keyboard and just play.

  5. #5

    Re: please release the gvi giga player

    Quote Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
    thanks for that... but that won't help me because i don't use linux.
    Please read my reply above one more time.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
    I could also use windows search to manually navigate my sample library. There is another sample library program call basehead aswell that is handy. But even in the giga sampler of old days, their was a joy to be had in using the arrow keys to cycle through the .gig files and be able to hear them instantly. I like simple things. For me this is a must have feature because many of my songs are not using the same sounds all the time. I am holding off on buying the new EMU sampler becuase of this (and the fact it's just a tad too expensive). When loading samples, if i have to pull up a window, navigate to appropriate directory, load sample every time... arrrhhgggg!!! So at least 3-4 clicks or more to move to the next patch. That's depending on whether or not the loading interface remembers which directory your in.

    Ideally i would like to use the cc# patch up and patch down to scroll through patches as well. All of this just helps my workflow flow, and lets me sit down at my keyboard and just play.
    LinuxSampler supports MIDI instrument maps so that instruments can be loaded using bank and program changes.

    It also contain an instrument database where you can organize the instruments, search and quickly load them. The front-end Fantasia also contain the concept of "orchestras" for quick access to favorite instruments.

    Complete setups ("studios") can be saved as LSCP scripts.
    Anders Dahnielson

    Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

  6. #6

    Re: please release the gvi giga player

    Quote Originally Posted by dahnielson View Post
    Please read my reply above one more time.



    Hey dahnielson

    I couldn't get your link to work, but i managed to find their website. Sorry i didn't realize what you were reffering too. I didn't realize that this "back end" giga player was available, and that it was available for windows. This is great, i'm checking it out right now.

    ... hopefully they will make a vsti version

  7. #7

    Re: please release the gvi giga player

    Quote Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
    I couldn't get your link to work, but i managed to find their website.
    Oopsie, used https instead of http. But don't worry, that was a link to the release thread of the AU plugin.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
    Sorry i didn't realize what you were reffering too. I didn't realize that there was this program available! I didn't notice that it was available for windows. This is great, i'm checking it out right now.
    N.B. the current Windows release are quite old. So it's no longer representative of the current state of the software. Hopefully there will be a new release soonish rather than lateish.
    Anders Dahnielson

    Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •