• Register
  • Help

Topic: what about kind of wrapper for omnisphere and rmx?

Share/Bookmark

what about kind of wrapper for omnisphere and rmx?

this might sound strange, but the good thing about the atmosphere and trilogy-wrappers is that they run outside of the hosts memory space.
    this raises the question why it wouldn´t be a good idea to have an extra-version that runs in backround. just like atm/tril. the vienna instruments do the same just for the memory issues. this maybe obsolete in a year or more when logic is 64bit and most plugs are ported. but as spectra already has the code, it would shure be very helpful to have additional "external versions" of omni and rmx. in every project i quickly reach the ram limits and almost everytime after having layed out drums, bass, keys etc. i would love to use omnisphere for the specials and atmos but i can´t because the ram limit in logic is in practice only a little more than 2 GB and i´m already there. so far i barely used omnisphere for this reason, but i´d love to...
    for me it´s just not the instrument to start a project with. and then it´s too late.
    Mac Pro 8core 2,8 / 14GB RAM / OS 10.6.3 / Apogee Ensemble / Logic 9.1.1 / SX 4.5 / Live 7 / Omnisphere-Trillian 1.3.2 / RMX 1.9.4

Re: what about kind of wrapper for omnisphere and rmx?

Check the Logic Pro Help forums.. they are addressing this issue (Logic ram limits), thru Plogue Bidule as In The Box 'external' host for large ram plugins (Kontakt, VSL, Omni, etc)

Huge Plogue Bidule thread.. with lots of advise & dif setup discussions (soundflower/ rewire/ external audio routings).

Maybe could help
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

thanks for the hint. this is indeed a very interesting solution and already helps me out. can you by chance tell me how to make bidule respond to logics project tempo (and tempochanges) in rewire mode? usually rewired (slave) instruments automatically get tempo information from the master. (e.g. Ableton Live, Virtual Guitar 2 etc.). bidule doesn´t for any reason. i´m sure it can be done, but i don´t know how and waiting for my bidule forum account activation. can´t find anything in the web or on logic pro either.
    so using arps or sequences from omnisphere is still not an option ...
    Mac Pro 8core 2,8 / 14GB RAM / OS 10.6.3 / Apogee Ensemble / Logic 9.1.1 / SX 4.5 / Live 7 / Omnisphere-Trillian 1.3.2 / RMX 1.9.4

Sry for the delayed response - projects due

But even worse...
    I cannot advise any further.. as I've never used bidule, or even rewired anything with Logic, past trying it out with Reason 2.5. Huge sorry..

I was just reading the posts over at LPH, and this thread came up here.. so pointed in the right direction. Didn't mean to muddy the waters.

My G5 is stable.. so I am loath to add any new apps or processes. It works... so I flog it until it breaks.. then fix. I dont even update.
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by clueblast View Post
    this might sound strange, but the good thing about the atmosphere and trilogy-wrappers is that they run outside of the hosts memory space.
    The bad thing about this is it runs PPC emulation mode in Rosetta on an Intel platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by clueblast View Post
    this raises the question why it wouldn´t be a good idea to have an extra-version that runs in backround.
    There already is an application that you can use that does this and it's free and on your Leopard DVD. It's called AU Lab from Apple.

Here's a tutorial I did on how to use it.
    http://www.digimixstudios.net/aulab.aspx

AU Lab 2.0.1 supports multi-instruments and on Leopard it can run in either 32bit or 64bit mode.

So lets say some plug-in developers coverted their plug-ins to 64bit mode, with AU Lab you can run them and access them from Logic 8. (not just Logic 8 but any sequencer that can access a IAC port)
    I show this in my above tutorial.

In fact, AU Lab can even run in a 3rd mode, Rosetta mode.
    I tried this with my Stormdrum 1 and Hard Core Bass from Eastwest, but it didn't work well.
    I guess Kompakt (not Kontakt) works better on it's native platform, PPC.

I never thought about trying Trilogy on it. I'll do that tonight and see what happens. I'm also waiting for Trilian.

Go Back to forum