• Register
  • Help

Topic: FxTeleport Alternative?

Share/Bookmark

FxTeleport Alternative?

I just put together a network of 3 PCs running 64bit Vista. My host is 64 bit Cubase 5. For Orchestra mock-up, I'm using Vienna Ensemble. For non-Vienna VSTs I'm experimenting with V-stack with an RME audio card and FxTeleport.

V-stack is working somewhat, but has some serious bugs with regard to maping VST outputs. FxTeleport would be ideal, but is really unreliable. Some VSTs work and others don't; and sometimes a VST works until used with another VST or until re-loaded.

I have the ability to dual-boot into 32-bit XP Pro and find that the same issues exist under XP Pro; plus some more issues related to having less memory available.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for an alternative to FxTeleport.

Thanks,
    John

Re: FxTeleport Alternative?

If you can wait a couple of weeks you can try Vienna Ensemble Pro. You can read about it here.

D

Thanks Daryl, that looks like it'll be perfect.

J.

Very interesting, do you know how licensing is working? It only state one price and the fact that it is requiring the vienna key, is it by server or only the client is requiring a license?

Thanks.

You need a physical key per machine (any syncrosoft key will do). The price on the VSL website gives you three licences that you download into each key.

Best

Tim

You can try MIDIoverLAN, Mac user might get some problem, but you use PC, so you can try.

midi over lan does not do what FX teleport does.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kiel View Post
    You need a physical key per machine (any syncrosoft key will do). The price on the VSL website gives you three licences that you download into each key.

Best

Tim
    Almost. You need the Syncrosoft dongle for each machine that you intend to run Vienna Ensemble on. therefore, if you don't want to load Vienna Ensemble on the host, you don't need a licence for this machine.

D

Daryl

Quite right sorry if I wasn't clear. So one purchase of VE gives you three licences that you can use on up to 4 machines (DAW + 3 slaves) assuming you don't have VEPRO running locally on the DAW as a local slave.

Tim

Go Back to forum