• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help: Google is falling apart...

Share/Bookmark

Help: Google is falling apart...

Google is falling apart and doesn't seem to be working today....

http://www.chromeexperiments.com/hos...ity/index.html

Re: Help: Google is falling apart...

There was something like that you could put on a Mac long ago.
    The unsuspecting Mac user would sit down and it would appear that the screen had broken a part. I did it to a friend at a bank once - she was a novice - it shook her up and she NEVER let me forget about it.

It was funny to me.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

omg that is CHoice! - I gotta think of a way to disguise the link as a real link to Google to freak somebody out. hehehehehehe.

Reminds of a great video Penn and Teller, the eccentric comic magicians put out years ago. It was full of their unique humor, little tricks to pull on friends, things like that - One part of the video was a segment of what seems to be a soap opera, some kind of typical TV fare. The idea was to put the tape on when you know friends are coming over. It looks like you just have the TV on - But P&T have instructed you, giving you cues to listen for in the video segment - You say to your friends, "Oh just a sec, there's a smudge on the TV screen"--then when you go up to wipe the screen off, and you've done that right on cue, - the video image SMears with your dust cloth. HAHahahahahahahaha. Everyone goes, "What the...?!?!"

---Ah the posts we come up with while waiting for computers to render files and such. That's what I'm doing. Dum dee dum. Thanks for the good diversion, Gary.

Randy

I like the trick where you take a screenshot of someone's desktop, then hide their icons and set the taskbar to auto-hide.

You know, that really happens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    You know, that really happens sometimes.
    --um---really, David? - In what universe would that be in?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    --um---really, David? - In what universe would that be in?

Randy

A guy named Dwaine said every time he told a joke at the dinner table, everyone would laugh except his grandmother. She would always keep a straight deadpan face, and then say " You know, that really happens sometimes."

After hearing that, i couldn't wait to try it.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post

A guy named Dwaine said every time he told a joke at the dinner table, everyone would laugh except his grandmother. She would always keep a straight deadpan face, and then say " You know, that really happens sometimes."

After hearing that, i couldn't wait to try it.

David
    hehehehe---Well, I'll never argue with a grandmother. They like KNOw stuff, ya know?

Randy

Randy, i have to try to find that Penn and Teller vid you mentioned. With all the stuff they have on cable, i don't think anyone would think a soap opera being on would be too strange.

That would be a good find, that P&T video I was describing. It was around 1990 when I saw it. I had a roommate at the time who was totally into them. We had a Great time pulling that stunt on some friends. - Wonder if that was ever on DVD? Google it - don't know the title, but I don't think it's as if P&T have put out many videos quite like that. Let me know if you find it!

Randy

Go Back to forum