• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'ag' indicator

Share/Bookmark

'ag' indicator

in selecting instruments out of the Kontakt full GPO - some of the brass will have an 'ag' listed after it. for instance,the horn overlay has one to select that has an 'f' - forte, another with an 'ff' fortissimo and one with an 'ag'. Does anyone have ideas about what this is for?
    i appreciate your educating me
    ding

Re: 'ag' indicator

Ask and you shall receive:

http://garritan.info/index.php/Maste...BRASS_Tutorial

BTW, if you are using GPO much, there's a wealth of help and information over a the Garritan forum (just a couple of forums down).

Quote Originally Posted by hermanding
    one with an 'ag'. Does anyone have ideas about what this is for?
    AG is an abbreviation for aggresive.
    Dan

Smile Re: 'ag' indicator

dan and ron
    thank you so much for the 'ag' symbol explanation. and i finally have the epiphany about 'overlay'. The overlay horns would be used ALONG with the regular horns.
    Incidentally, do you guys know if the overlay sounds have a KS component or would respond to having 'con sordino' applied to them? or is that just for the regular KS horns?
    lots of info for sure in the manual
    ding

Quote Originally Posted by hermanding
    Incidentally, do you guys know if the overlay sounds have a KS component, or would respond to having 'con sordino' applied to them, or is that just for the regular KS horns?
    ding
    If the letters KS are not behind the name of an instrument, then there is no "Key Swithching" (KS)

There is no mute for Overlay AG.
    Mute and Overlay is completely the opposite.

Dan

Go Back to forum