• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Beethoven Rondo in C op. 51/1

Share/Bookmark

Beethoven Rondo in C op. 51/1

A favourite piece of mine, I have recorded this Beethoven Rondo on GAS in standalone mode, so it's a straight-through performance from memory, with no editing. The perspective is Classic.
    The mp3 file is at 192 kbps, so is a bit bigger than usual (around 10 mb).
    Hope you like it.

http://www.box.net/shared/7j19z92pfx

Re: Beethoven Rondo in C op. 51/1

Hi Eugene, I enjoyed your performance of this interesting piece! The dynamics on this are fairly subtle, but IMO you are getting a lot out of the GAS and have made a nice recording. I think it's pretty cool that you can sit down at the keyboard, and with the Aria interface make a recording this way. Is this unique to the Garritan Steinway and Aria, or do any of the other software pianos function this way?
    Thanks for sharing your talent with the keys! John

Thanks John for your comments. Yes I think you can record live with some other software pianos, for example Pianoteq, which does one thing GAS does not: it provides you with a midi file of your standalone performance which can be edited if necessary. Of course if I record live with GAS using Cubase I can do midi editing, but on my system I get a some latency lag between striking key and the resultant sound, which is not the case with the Aria player. This may be just an inadequacy in my PC setup, but I am happy to use Aria for recording.

That was beautiful.

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

Regards,

Frank

One of my favorites and marvellous performed, really great. Subtle dynamics, not overdoing things, sometimes hearing the "human" factor behind this and I loved it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention,

Very well performed, the first section character is completely classical, sounds almost a Mozart or Haydn piece. Is in the second section where we can find more the beethoveenian feeling, but in general, this piece seems to belong to the classical period than the romantic one. The piano sounds fantastic too.

Regards,

Victor

Thanks Frank, Raymond and Victor for listening to the Rondo and letting me have your comments. The feedback is invaluable and one of the great features of this Forum. It's great to hear from kindred spirits - gives one encouragement to do some more!

Hi eugene, that was very relaxing....

nice playing!

what midi keyboard do you use?
    Dan

Hello Dan, Thanks for your comments and feedback. I use a Yamaha Clavinova type CLP-950. It's about 6 years old, and probably has been replaced by another model by now.

I am always curious because someday I need to get a keyboard that is good for piano. Finding something today with good touch/smooth velocities is not an easy task.

Thanks Eugene for the wonderful PM!
    Dan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast