• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gary: A Request

Share/Bookmark

Gary: A Request

I congratulate Garritan on their acquisition of the Giga technology and am confident that it will mean even better things for the Garritan community.

However, I do hope that all of the excitement surrounding this addition will not delay the things in the pipeline that many of us have been patiently awaiting for months; i.e. the new GPO, the Choir library, the Organ library, the new GOS. GEM, and some others I may have missed. Maybe there are plans to integrate some of these with future GIGA technology, creating new libraries, and that is fine. But many of us have been waiting with bated breath for these other libraries. Please, Gary, don't let these get shoved to the back of the pipeline.

Thanks for listening.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Re: Gary: A Request

Yes please don't delay the new ARIA GPO.
    I'm glad you got the Giga Stuff and I can see how that will only help Garritan prosper in the future, but lets get that ARIA GPO out and then make an updated version next year with all the Giga goodies. Yes it can even be a
    paided update.

Ed

Mwaaahahaha ....

You uncovered my dasterdly plot. It was all a ruse. There was no GPO, not ARIA, no organ library, no choir.... only NEWTs. Hahahaha.......

CURSE YOU GARRITAN, You were warned to get off those lactic acid libations. Now it's six months in the cooler or the release of GPOA and GOSA, whichever comes first.
    Back, back. Get back to your cell....

tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

When NAMM ended I spent every day, all day, for three weeks, at my computer and this forum waiting for the update because they said it would be released shortly after NAMM.

I own Giga Studio and Giga Ensemble, and can't use either of them because they wouldn't validate at the Giga site. I tried for months to get help from tech. support, but to no avail.

If anything I have been waiting for gets derailed for that garbage (to me!) I will be very unhappy, and will let everyone know it. If buying those assets means that down the road I'll be able to actually use it I'll be overjoyed, but for my money I'd rather see ARIA and be able to use a more flexible interface. I might even be willing to give away GS (3) with its ugly cigar box and manuals if it means I'd see GPO ARIA sooner.

For anyone thinking about getting Gary and his crew to take ten seconds away from ARIA to do anything with the Giga technology, be forewarned: I command a potent Starship, and will bombard you with Mongo Viruses (and Virii, too!) from Outer Space.

Thus Spake Me!

Joe

You know with all these projects, not to mention Gigastudio, does anybody wonder how much downtime Tom has??? Hmmmmm... I hope he has plenty of help....

here's a recent shot of Tom's work area....

Seriously, I need to reload my machine, and I've been waiting on Aria (I'm GPOless at the moment). I would hate to load my Kontakt version of GPO just to have Aria come out two days later. Or two years later as I'm beginning to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDavinci View Post
    Seriously, I need to reload my machine, and I've been waiting on Aria (I'm GPOless at the moment). I would hate to load my Kontakt version of GPO just to have Aria come out two days later. Or two years later as I'm beginning to fear.
    Same here. I'm hesitant on installing that Kontakt "thing" in my new machine. I'd like to install GPO ARIA only.

I got fed up of computer problems with my music softwares in my old Dell so I bought a Music XPC computer. They are built and optimized for music softwares. I'm trying to install as less programs as possible in it.

I want to do music, not troubleshoot computers...

Any dates Mr. G-ARIA-tan?

;-)

NDEE

NeoDavinci, when you say, "...(I'm GPOless at the moment). I would hate to load my Kontakt version of GPO just to have Aria come out two days later..." I guess you mean that you've never installed the current GPO--?

If you have installed it - I don't quite get why you would hesitate to use it. I have projects that need to be done, and since KP2 has always worked for me very well--I'm happily still using it, with the entire line of Garritan Libraries loading up and ready for me each time I start a project.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum