• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange GUI "glitch" in RMX 1.8d

Share/Bookmark

Strange GUI "glitch" in RMX 1.8d

I was messing around with an instance of Stylus RMX(1.8d) in Ableton Live 8.0.1 It wasn't a very complex multi at all with only two or three parts. I was switching the time signature of one of the parts in Time Designer flipping back and forth. At some point the GUI turned into a blank page with an image of the box that RMX ships in the upper left hand corner. You could still switch to one of the other pages(Chaos, etc.) by "clicking thru" this blank image. Those pages displayed and functioned normally. The only way to restore the Time Designer page was to close out of RMX's property page and reopen it. But! as soon as you tried to adjust a parameter in the Time Designer page the box ghost image would reappear and render that part of the plugin unusable. FWIW- I built some more complex multis in 1.7 without any issues. Any thoughts?

Re: Strange GUI "glitch" in RMX 1.8d

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Any thoughts?
    It's a bug.

this has happened to me occasionally.
    For me I think it is a running out of memory problem, because if I freeze other vsti's it goes away.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Yep. Happens here too. All the time! After playing around with RMX for about 5 min, the Time Designer view turns blank with the Stylus RMX box. I have to remove RMX from my synthrack in Sonar, and insert it again to make it go away. But after a while it goes blank again.

Guessing it's a bug that Spectrasonics will fix in a new update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
    this has happened to me occasionally.
    For me I think it is a running out of memory problem, because if I freeze other vsti's it goes away.
    rsp
    This has nothing to do with it for me. Happens with only Stylus RMX loaded and only one part activated.

my 1.8 issues seem to be gui related also.
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=66626

Quote Originally Posted by 2re View Post
    Yep. Happens here too. All the time! After playing around with RMX for about 5 min, the Time Designer view turns blank with the Stylus RMX box. I have to remove RMX from my synthrack in Sonar, and insert it again to make it go away. But after a while it goes blank again.

Guessing it's a bug that Spectrasonics will fix in a new update soon.
    Either that or it's a (not so) clever marketing strategy.
    Steve, I read your post but oddly enough I haven't experienced it in Sonar. But I'll go back and try to wreak some more havoc.
    I agree with BingBong, I don't think it's a resources issue cause I wasn't really running anything else at the time. It only happened with Time Designer. I think it's a bug in that part of the code.

I'm still testing a bit also. So glad I'm imaging the OS for every version.
    It's easy to compare performance between 1.5, 1.7 and 1.8
    I was just back on 1.5 for the last hour or so and I'm loving the speed and smoothness of the GUI ... even compared to 1.7.
    But then again it's an old rig(*) so I guess some of the lag is to be expected.

*AMD XP 3000+ on Abit NF7, nforce ultra 400 chipset XP SP-1
    AGP - ati 8500DV
    ( but then again I can play HL2 without a hitch ... of course on an other partition )
    2GB DDR 400 ... 3 IDE drives at UDMA 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I was messing around with an instance of Stylus RMX(1.8d) in Ableton Live 8.0.1 It wasn't a very complex multi at all with only two or three parts. I was switching the time signature of one of the parts in Time Designer flipping back and forth. At some point the GUI turned into a blank page with an image of the box that RMX ships in the upper left hand corner. You could still switch to one of the other pages(Chaos, etc.) by "clicking thru" this blank image. Those pages displayed and functioned normally. The only way to restore the Time Designer page was to close out of RMX's property page and reopen it. But! as soon as you tried to adjust a parameter in the Time Designer page the box ghost image would reappear and render that part of the plugin unusable. FWIW- I built some more complex multis in 1.7 without any issues. Any thoughts?

The problem seems to happen after you adjust the simplify knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_314 View Post
    The problem seems to happen after you adjust the simplify knob.
    For me it was a combination of that and changing time signature... ALOT. By the same token I was messing with it yesterday and all was well.

Go Back to forum