• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tiamat

Share/Bookmark

Re: Tiamat

Hi Fred, I enjoyed your music and sound effects on this subject. I especially like those powerful bass lines. I also watched the Sitchin video, and thought a bit about the Sumerians, Nibiru, Tiamat, and 2012, and came to the question: "When the heck is GPO/Aria gonna be ready?"

Thanks Fred, for the food for thought and the great musical soundtrack! John

Well done Fred.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Wow Fred!

That was very moving music ... and the mix was superb! Very nice.

As already mentioned, those are some very dramatic bass lines ... killer! At 1:04 and 1:16, are you doubling the contrabasses with a contrabass clarinet (or possibly contra-bassoon)? They had such great definition.

Regards,

Frank

Really a fun source for inspiration, Fredrik. I have a paperback copy of "The 12th Planet" which I've had for over 20 years now, back from when I enjoyed being sucked into all sorts of outrageous speculation of this sort.

You may want to look for new inspiration also in the series of books about the lost continent "Mu" by James Churchwood - another amateur with a good imagination, misinterpreting archaeology as wildly as Erich Von Daniken did in his famous "Chariots of the Gods" series.

Your sound track is appropriately grand and cosmic in scale, full of drama and excitement, as is your sonic trademark. NIIiiiice!

What other instrument libraries are mixed in with this? The brass has been beefed up with something besides just the overlay tones, and it seems there must be other libraries layered in with the rest of the orchestra too. It would be fun to hear some details about your project files.

Exciting! Thanks for another very entertaining post.

Randy

Hello again, Fredrik - Yes, all those topics are fun fantasies. My bookshelf used to be full of all sorts of volumes of this sort. It's amazing how much more mainstream it's become now--it's the power of the internet. And now it's all getting mixed with this crazy misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar - it just goes on and on! We all have a rebellious child in us who wants to believe in all sorts of wild and magical notions. That's the same drive in us that leads some people to various religions.

"Mu" isn't Atlantis, actually. Mu was supposedly in the Pacific ocean, and of course Atlantis is to have been in the Atlantic. Churchwood says Mu is the ancient name, meaning Mother, the sound infants first make worldwide. Lemuria is the later name given to the same continent, designated as the theoretical land bridge which spread the population of Lemur monkeys.

ANYWay--to the music. Very surprising that you say this is only GPO. I've thought about asking you before about your way of working, just got inspired to inquire for the first time this morning. Do you have posts anywhere that give some details about your sound editing practices? It would be interesting to read, because you've made GPO unrecognizable, the tones, articulations, all the characteristics are so drastically different. If you haven't posted that kind of information, I think it would be a fun project for you to do that. To personalize our approach to using GPO and all software instruments is a worthy goal. You could inspire more people to not be content with sound straight "out of the box."

Thanks for your reply!

Randy

Fred

Great sound as always.

I have tried reciting a mantra and sitting in a lotus position (which is all I know about TM) while mixing and I cannot come up with these sounds using GPO. Or am I supposed to be doing a mantra throughout the composing phase as well?

Please be more specific as to what you are doing to get GPO to sound like this.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Fred

Do you actually believe that there are super-humans living underground in the Gobi desert?

Are they the ones that transform GPO for you?

Ron

Fred

Does this mean that you will not share with us how you are transforming GPO into the sounds you are getting?

I am always ready to learn, but if you refuse to explain, then I stay ignorant.

If it is not from chanting a mantra and not from the super-humans, what is it?

Ron

Go Back to forum