• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best April Fools ever!!

Share/Bookmark

Smile Best April Fools ever!!

Hey Gary- so I'm done with a couple of projects - finally setting a new machine for my studio, saying goodbye to my last giga rig, and I get a KVR breaking news email...
    ....oh no, what should I do - maybe ditching this giga-rig IS premature after all....
    panic set's in... - better call Gary and see what he has planned....

then I came here and saw the 'real' truch -

GREAT JOKE! thanks for the laugh - and an appropriate swan song to the humble platform that gave birth to so much cool stuff that followed it...
    Jeff

Re: Best April Fools ever!!

er, Jeff, better keep reading........

I think the joke is on me

Well, you didn't exactly choose the best day to make the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
    Well, you didn't exactly choose the best day to make the announcement.
    We timed the announcement for the first day of Musikmesse, which happened to be April 1st this year. It was fun doing it that day and maybe next year maybe we'll do something special too.

Lightbulb Re: Best April Fools ever!!

I think my favorite "real" 4/1 joke was the Gmail Autopilot.
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Once I told my mother in law that her (at the time) latest model 500MHz computer had a nasty problem: Intel had just discovered that once the processor operates at 500MHz or faster, it interferes with organic matter and so her flesh was at great risk. I told her not to worry because Intel were coming up with a design for some shielding and they would send it to her. In the mean time she should wrap the machine with five layers of aluminium foil. I realised I had to confess when she completely believed me or I would have cooked her machine.

This year I sent to all our staff the following email. We had just finished moving into a brand new office and part of the design was to have exposed shafts of cables running the entire length of the building. They look really cool!

Here is the message:

Subject:
    New office cable settling in plan

Body:
    Hi All,

Because the data cables in our building are all exposed, we need to give them time to settle in by easing them into their workload or they will stretch.

Since the less-frequently-used letters (the high-value scrabble letters) cause more load when they are sent through the cables, could you please refrain from using them for the next three hours. This will give the cables enough time to settle in.

The letters you should refrain from using are: Z, Q, X, J, and K.

If you really need to use them in external emails, that's ok, but please use them sparingly.
    About half a dozen people fell for it!

Go Back to forum