• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need some volunteers to interview for an upcoming project

Post Need some volunteers to interview for an upcoming project

Hi guys and gals, I'm trying to work on a capstone project in college, and I'm looking for professional composers, musician's, and artists to interview for my project. I would really prefer to have folks who would be considered professionals, or masters at their craft answer these questions, only for the sake of what the data would be used for. Now, saying that however, you don't have to be rich and famous. You don't even necessarily have to have been playing since you were 5, but I need folks who genuinely know a lot about their craft. I'd also like to hear from folks who may have perfect pitch, or even might consider themselves to be a musical savant. Please feel free to answer me in PM so the forum does not get spammed. I can tell you that your answers may be used for research purposes for myself in a secret project I've been working on for a few years. I can fill you in later on what its going to be used for, but be sure its for a good and noble purpose I really appreciate your time, and your honesty to help me on my project! Thanks in advance!

1) when did you first take interest in your craft, when did you first feel really passionate about it?

2) what types of things did you do to get better, please elaborate on technique?

3) who influenced you, mentored you, etc?

4) What did/do you do to discipline yourself to be the best you can be?

5) when did you feel like you were finally at a level to be considered a pro?

6) what has been the most challenging, and the most rewarding thing you have experienced or accomplished to date?

7) realizing no one is born great over night can you elaborate more on what it takes to be the best?

8) What is your favorite part about what you do?

9) what is the most difficult, and/or the most disappointing thing about what you do?

10) if it were possible to turn something about what you do into a super power what would you like to do?

11) If you had one thing to teach anyone as a legacy about what you do, to be remembered for ages to come, what would you want them to know?

That's it, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart, you can answer these in my private message box, or on here, I hope to have several responses with so many gifted folks here! Finally I forgot to mention please mention what it is you do whether you sing, or play an instrument, if so which one, and possibly what your favorite instrument(s) are!

Last edited by žeth; 04-08-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Go Back to forum