• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Sound with Basic in Cubase Studio 4...

Share/Bookmark

No Sound with Basic in Cubase Studio 4...

Just installed the basic version.

I'm currently getting no sound as a VSTi in Cubase Studio 4.

FWIW, I am having no issues while running an instrument track with EZDrummer as a VSTi in the same project file - along with MIDI input from a connected keyboard - so all is well in that regard.

I'm running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3
    Intel Duo E6850 @ 3.09 GHz
    4 Gigs of RAM

Clean machine

I opted not to install RTAS because I thought that VST would be adequate - this wouldn't have anything to do with it?????

Also, I am being prompted to register repeatedly, even though I was told after downloading that I was "already registered".

Meanwhile, I'll keep scrouring the manual, in hopes that this is just another situation of DAU - "Dumb User"

Thanks in Advance,

Russ

Re: No Sound with Basic in Cubase Studio 4...

Well, as it turns out, I ended up with a "broken installation" because I didn't go on to launching the Sample Manager.

So - I un-installed the software.

Re-installed, (adding RTAS to the list this time around) this time continuing on to launching the Sample Manager.

I was prompted for the serial # - OK.

I was prompted for a destination for the files - OK

I've got the registration card / image file.

The stand-alone player works (I get sound) but I get prompted to register every time I open it - and I already have. I tried to register again but was told that I'd already registered the serial #.

As for the VST plug-in in Cubase - I get the same prompt to register but still no sound....

This sounds so great on the stand-alone player but it's got to work in Cubase or it's not going to be of much use to me.

I talked to Gary earlier today and he said that it should be compatible with Cubase.

Hope I can resolve this....

Thanks,
    Russ
    Last edited by russ6100; 04-09-2009 at 04:47 AM. Reason: additions...

Also, I have *not* patched to 1.03 yet.

Also, the Steinway UI as it appears in Cubase is rather telling that *something* isn't right - e.g., under the "Space" tab, everything is turned to "On" by default, and all of the EQ knobs are turned 100% counterclockwise.

The wet / dry faders are turned completely off.

Under the "Tune" tab, by default it's -50 Cents and impossible to alter.

This is quite different than the default settings of the stand-alone player.
    Last edited by russ6100; 04-09-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: additions...

UPDATE:

I finally was able to "register" by dragging & dropping the registration key / image that I had saved on my desktop onto the Steinway UI in Cubase - I had been previously unsuccessful trying to drag & drop the image directly from my browser - probably a Firefox issue....

So I got the alert that told me I'm registered.

Yay.

Still no sound in Cubase......

Hi

In the UI of Steinway, can you tell me what is written under "microphone position"?
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

In the UI of Steinway, can you tell me what is written under "microphone position"?
    Oh NOOOO!!!

You nailed it David!

Sure enough, it was "Empty".....

With a little "cipherin'" (a la Jethro) and some luck, I somehow managed to choose "Basic" from the list of.....one.....LOL!

OK! It's working wonderfully and sounding fantastic!

Good to hear you have it working now! John

Good to hear you have it working now! John
    Yes, it is good to hear (pun intended!!!)

I just got up (noon here) after sleeping 4 hours - good thing I have a somewhat flexible schedule! What a night....worth it though!

Moral of the story: Don't start an install after Midnight when everyone who could potentially help you get through it is already sawing logs!

I like the idea of the image / card / key thing - very elegant.

I imagine that the software dynamically creates an image file, then stores something like a CRC check on the data that makes up the image - that way, if it's altered at all, it wouldn't pass the check - very cool.

And FWIW - I'd rather go through a "Long Night of the Hellish Install" than use and iLok!

Thanks Again!

Go Back to forum