• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sage Conversion Error

Share/Bookmark

Sage Conversion Error

I have Sage 1.5.1d and when I try and drag the folders of a newly purchased library (Ecstatic Grooves) I get the Message - Conversion Error: No Rex Files Found with Extension rx2.....

Any idea why this might be happening??

Thanks

Paul
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Sage Conversion Error

I recently installed a few Nine Volt Audio RMX packs and the Sage converter crashed at the end of the conversion.
    I'm sorrry but I can't remember what the error message was.
    But, the rmx packs had installed okay.
    Have you tested stylus to see if the install has worked, regardless of the error message?

See this post too
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=65431
    Last edited by NeilB; 04-10-2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: added link to another thread
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Hi Neil:

Thanks for the reply. I also had that problem, but this is different. I get the error message as soon as I drag one of the sub-folders on to the Sage Import Box. Nothing happens.

I did a search on this forum and this problem occurred frequently with earlier versions of Sage, but I have the newest version, so I am a bit stumped!!

Paul
    www.ajmusiconline.com

maybe you started the conversion from the wrong level. Try dropping a folder one level deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox View Post
    Hi Neil:

Thanks for the reply. I also had that problem, but this is different. I get the error message as soon as I drag one of the sub-folders on to the Sage Import Box. Nothing happens.

I did a search on this forum and this problem occurred frequently with earlier versions of Sage, but I have the newest version, so I am a bit stumped!!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by zeruyo View Post
    maybe you started the conversion from the wrong level. Try dropping a folder one level deeper.

Yeah.

The read me file says to drop them in at the level where there are 5 folders. Which I tried. I also tried the next level, which is like 50 folders, but that too didn't work. It only recognized them as rex2 when I clicked on the individual rex2 file. (there are over 2,200 of them so, i am not going to do each individual one!!!!)
    www.ajmusiconline.com

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox View Post
    I have Sage 1.5.1d and when I try and drag the folders of a newly purchased library (Ecstatic Grooves) I get the Message - Conversion Error: No Rex Files Found with Extension rx2.....

Any idea why this might be happening??

Thanks

Paul
    Couple of things...
    you can't have any other files other than rex files that you're trying to convert.
    One library I had, had a readme file in one of the directories, once I delete that readme file I was able to drop and it converted it.

last thing, you're only allowed a certian number of rex files to convert with that conversion program.
    It's been awhile since I converted a library, but I think the max is 60 rex files in a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by cdxman View Post
    Actually it's 61 rex files per folder
    Off by one, story of my life

OK...

You first have to copy the files from the DVD onto your hard drive for it to work.
    www.ajmusiconline.com

Quote Originally Posted by cdxman View Post
    No, you can drag and drop from a DVD or from a network drive
    That is what I thought. But in this case nothing would work. But if I copied the folders on to my desktop and then dragged them on to the Sage converter....PRESTO!! Worked fine.

I did try all different folder levels. The only thing that would work directly from the DVD were the individual rex2 files.

Weird.
    www.ajmusiconline.com

Another problem I found: Make sure you are using the original Finder from Apple. I'm using a replacement (Path Finder) and I had never experienced any problems with it in 2 years but it seems that the Converter is pretty picky about path elements.

Go Back to forum