• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: kontakt 3.5 public beta: next week

Share/Bookmark

kontakt 3.5 public beta: next week

As per Thomas at NI, The chances are good that Kontakt 3.5 public beta will be released next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Link:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...=72114&page=32

Re: kontakt 3.5 public beta: next week

I give them the time they need, because my new 64bit Daw "Cubase 5" has so many bugs...., puhhh.

But: Great news! Thanks!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Confession: I'm still with Kontakt 2 and I'm totally OK with that.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc View Post
    Confession: I'm still with Kontakt 2 and I'm totally OK with that.

Kerry
    I have both installed, and I almost always resort to K2, cos K3 crashes too often. Hopefully some of the bugs will be ironed out in 3.5
    David

What is the deal with a public beta?!

Do other companies do this? I can't think of any, and I don't remember earlier version of Kontakt first being released as a public beta.

It is almost as if they know it has serious issues, so by saying it is still a beta, people can't complain.

Are we supposed to use this version with confidence, or are we essentially going to be beta testers. If we are....I'll wait.
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox View Post
    What is the deal with a public beta?!

Do other companies do this? I can't think of any, and I don't remember earlier version of Kontakt first being released as a public beta.

It is almost as if they know it has serious issues, so by saying it is still a beta, people can't complain.

Are we supposed to use this version with confidence, or are we essentially going to be beta testers. If we are....I'll wait.
    They are not the only ones. Microsoft do that too, for Windows (their previews are public betas...). Steinberg used to do that too for Cubase, especially when they did some very badly bugged release. Getting regular public betas out was requested by the users and it helped 1) to identify the bugs faster and more precisely and 2) silenced some unhappy customer, since they were getting updated versions regularly with less and less bugs, while waiting for the final release.

If you install a public beta, yes, you are becoming somekind of beta tester and you should expect bugs.

On the other hand, There's a good chance that the software works relatively flawlesly (still a gamble). In the worst case, you still get to preview the new features and capabilities to come.

Some users are willing to take the risk, some others are not. This is why they tag the Release Candidate like that, so the user knows what he or she is getting.

I'm ready in a heartbeat to install that beta... what a hassle being on the long crested wave of the move to 64 bit. Slowly but surely the dominoes fall. 64 bit is sampler heaven.

Wasn`t any version of Kontakt a beta? Many people think or feel so.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    I give them the time they need, because my new 64bit Daw "Cubase 5" has so many bugs...., puhhh.

But: Great news! Thanks!

Gunther
    Yup, plenty of bugs here too, running Kontakt 3 in Cubase 5 in 64bit environ.

When every other technological advance seems to happen so quickly now - I'm surprised at the years and years its taken this existing technology to get off the shelf in some working form.

I think it's so buggy with Cubase 5 64 bit because steinberg bitbridge is really not good.

You should test Jbridge ( another bit bridge made by a standalone developer ) to load kontakt into Cubase 5 64 bit and see if it works better for you. It should be better than Cubase bitbridge cause it loads the memory outside of cubase space. So each time you load an instance of K3 you can use 4 gb.

Go Back to forum