• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help finding a sequencer that will separate incoming midi channels onto tracks

Share/Bookmark

Question Need help finding a sequencer that will separate incoming midi channels onto tracks

I need to send multiple channels of MIDI into a sequencer via one MIDI Port, and I need the different incoming midi channels to be on separate tracks. This is for recording sometimes, but primarily for live use.

I've got Cubase Essential 4, which doesn't do that. The $4-500 versions do it, but there must be a simple, inexpensive software choice that can do something elementary like this. I don't even mind using 'legacy' software for this, since I can switch to Cubase when I need it.

Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Michael
    Dell Core2Duo E7200, 3GB Ram, SATA 160GB, SATA 250GB, Yamaha KX88 controller, Cubase Essential 4, Gigastudio 3.

Re: Need help finding a sequencer that will separate incoming midi channels onto trac

You can try with Phrazor, it can do what you want.

http://www.gersic.com/plugins/index.php?daPlug=1693

Re: Need help finding a sequencer that will separate incoming midi channels onto trac

Thanks marce, I downloaded it and I'll give it a shot. Incidentally, I found a program that works well for live/gigging- 'Cantabile'.
    Dell Core2Duo E7200, 3GB Ram, SATA 160GB, SATA 250GB, Yamaha KX88 controller, Cubase Essential 4, Gigastudio 3.

Go Back to forum