• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bach: Harpsichord Concerto No. 1 in D minor, Mov. 1 BWV1052. Live recording with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Talking Bach: Harpsichord Concerto No. 1 in D minor, Mov. 1 BWV1052. Live recording with GPO

Hey, I recorded this last year before I was an active member on NorthernSounds. I thought I'd go ahead and share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mre_oaIWam0&fmt=18

If you share this with others, please remember to keep the "&fmt=18" part of the url. That gives access to the higher quality stereo version.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Sheridan; 04-11-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Fixed history

Re: Bach: Harpsichord Concerto No. 1 in D minor, Mov. 1 BWV1052. Live recording with

Hi Sheridan, That was a real treat!
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing, Encore!!! John

Re: Bach: Harpsichord Concerto No. 1 in D minor, Mov. 1 BWV1052. Live recording with

Very Nice, Most uplifting as Bach always is.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Drum roll - It's time for Undiscovered Gems in the Listening Room.

Lost in thought, I was absent mindedly scrolling through old posts here in the LR that I might have missed. Now HERE'S ONE!

HOW IN the heck did I manage to miss this?? - One of those rare periods when I was taking a bit of a break, I guess.

Sheridan, this is an incredibly impressive performance. SO nice the way in the vid you provided a non-stop, un-cut view of you playing this.

GPO FANS - that's everyone here, I do believe?---If you haven't seen this, you MUST - Behold the power of GPO in the hands of a virtuoso.

--I was more impressed with you and your rendition than the Bach piece itself. I find this and most everything of his too intellectual, too much just a mathematical tinkering with notes on and on and on--I have never found it very interesting. Go ahead and throw the tomatoes.

AND, here's a comment you left at You Tube:

"...So what you do is, you create one track loaded with the Kontakt player and load the GPO instruments into that instance then you take all the other tracks and tie them to the track that contains GPO..."

Do you still work that way--? It's very limiting, if I'm reading that right. It sounds like you're forcing all 16 tracks from KP2 into One audio track--? You can actually have a separate audio track for each channel in KP2, giving you immensely larger control over your project. I think one hint about how your procedure isn't correct is that I think you're saying you're inserting the KP2 into a MIDI track rather than using the Synth Rack. - ? That's a quick and dirty way to practice maybe, but it's far too limiting for serious recording work.

In any case - Brilliant, a lot of long hard work which has paid off tremedously. Bravo!

Randy B.

Wow - This is Great! Of course, Bach is my very favorite composer, which helps, but you did a great job with this. Your harpsichord performance was excellent.

I believe that most of Bach's harpsichord concertos were originally for other instruments - I have a CD with several of the original concertos for violin, 2 violins, etc. - and he transcribed them later in life for harpsichord. These were the first keyboard concertos, an idea which his sons later ran with.
    Trent P. McDonald

Superb!

Raymond

Superb! I only noticed just one "video editing" hick-up, near the end when the basses harpsichord start repeating with the same chord.

Raymond

Very nice playing. As with anything to do with Bach keyboard playing - fingering very important.

Go Back to forum