• Register
  • Help

Topic: Registration

Share/Bookmark

Registration

I recently purchased Garritan Concert & Marching Band with the Kontakt 2 player. I've updated the player from the NI site. But reaching the player through Finale, Kontakt 2 player indicates version 2.2.3.003. When I enter the player as a standalone, it indicates version 2.2.4.001. How do I update the player as part of Finale?

Also, how do I download updates to CoMB on the Garritan site? Where is the CoMB serial number? Garritan registration tells me that the number on the inside of the DVD case ("NI Player CMB Serial Number") is not valid.

Thanks.
    Arthur J. Michaels
    Finale 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011a.r6 (using 2011a.r6), Garritan CoMB
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496, M-Audio Keystation 88es
    www.myspace.com/arthurjmichaels

Re: Registration

Sent you an email.

Thanks, Tony. Haven't received a message yet, but thanks for that anyway.
    Arthur J. Michaels
    Finale 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011a.r6 (using 2011a.r6), Garritan CoMB

Haven't received anything from NI yet? Holiday weekend so might be next week before you get a reply.

Oops. Sorry--I did get your two messages. And I did contact NI about it. Thanks.
    Arthur J. Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    Sent you an email.
    Tony, I am having exactly the same problem. Might I also get a copy of the e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Tony, I am having exactly the same problem. Might I also get a copy of the e-mail?
    I use Finale 2009 and have the latest KP2.2.4. Arthur and Tom, have you tried updating the KontaktPlayer2.dll in the Finale VST directory?

If you have installed the KP2.2.4 then all you should need to do is, first, to check that the KontaktPlayer2.dll in the Finale VST folder is this version. To do this go to C:\Program Files\Finale 2009\FinaleVST then just hover your mouse over the file and the pop-up description will read which version it is.

It sounds that this is probably still the 2.2.3 version. If this is the case, then you will need to locate the 2.2.4 version on your computer. If you have installed the KP2.2.4 update then you should find the KontaktPlayer2.dll in the C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\VSTPlugins directory.

You should find three versions of this file: KontaktPlayer2.dll KontaktPlayer2_8out.dll and KontaktPlayer2_16out.dll. I would go for the full version (not the 8 or 16 out versions) unless you have limited computer specs.

Finally, remove the 2.2.3 version from the Finale VST folder then copy and paste the 2.2.4 version into that folder.

Unless I have misunderstood or missed something, this should do the trick.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen View Post
    Also, how do I download updates to CoMB on the Garritan site? Where is the CoMB serial number? Garritan registration tells me that the number on the inside of the DVD case ("NI Player CMB Serial Number") is not valid.

Thanks.
    Arthur, I too have CoMB with finale 09. All updates are to be found on the Native Instruments site and not on the Garritan site.

Go to http://www.native-instruments.com then log in to your account which should have been set up when you installed and authorised CoMB. The login section should be in the left panel at the bottom.

After login go to the top menu and select 'Support' then 'Updates and Drivers'. In the product field select; 'Garritan - Concert and Marching Band then Win or Mac. Your updates should be there ready for you to download and install.

Alternatively you could use the NI Service Centre which would have been installed when you authorised your Garritan products. This should be listed in your 'Start Menu/Programs' or failing that you should find it on your computer through: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Service Center. Just double click on ServiceCenter.exe then enter your login information and follow the links from there for your updates.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I have the DLL files copied to the correct places now. And the Kontakt 2 player now reveals the correct version as a standalone and in Finale. Thanks!
    Arthur J. Michaels

Go Back to forum