• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    This week I downloaded and installed 1.8d and as a consequence, I am experiencing major playback glitches and dropouts in Sonar 7.1.

    Cutting a long story short, if I open a new track, install one instance of Stylus RMX and one midi track, I can play back a single midi pattern no problem in Sonar using a single channel of Stylus RMX. However, if I actually open the Stylus RMX Gui Sonar goes into CPU overload and plays back stuttering or dropping out. It does this consistently which was not apparent in 1.5 (I never tried it with 1.7).

    I can see that there are a few other peeps who are experiencing other glitches that may be related but not this one specifically.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?

  2. #2

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    A couple of other things that I should point out. If the Stylus RMX Gui is dormant, the CPU loading on playback of a single midi track is approx 7%. With the Gui open, thats when the CPU loading maxed out.

    I am using win XP and have a P4 2.4Gig PC.

  3. #3

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    Do you have X-Ray enabled in Sonar? Depending on the graphics card and probably some other system variables, some plug-ins have problems with that.

    Try disabling it in global options. If this helps and you don't want to lose X-Ray completely, you can also exclude specific plug-ins from it - look it up in the manual. HTH

    werner

  4. #4

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    Werner, good suggestion but it doesn't make any difference.

  5. #5

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8.0 playback issues

    Seems like it is not just an issue with Sonar:

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...507#post615507

    Asiaman on the 2nd page describes exactly the same problem occuring with Ableton and Kore2.

  6. #6

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    I have downloaded version 1.8.1.d today and although it improves the situation, I am still stressing my system with up to 70% CPU loading playing back just one midi track with a lot of crackles and artifacts during playback that should not be there. But it's only with the Stylus RMX Gui open. When its closed, it plays back fine.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Steve_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8.0 playback issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul881 View Post
    Seems like it is not just an issue with Sonar:

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...507#post615507

    Asiaman on the 2nd page describes exactly the same problem occuring with Ableton and Kore2.
    Add Forte' Ensemble and Sonar 4.0.2 to the list.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Steve_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul881 View Post
    A couple of other things that I should point out. If the Stylus RMX Gui is dormant, the CPU loading on playback of a single midi track is approx 7%. With the Gui open, thats when the CPU loading maxed out.

    I am using win XP and have a P4 2.4Gig PC.
    That is a single core processor? and is your graphics card AGP?
    One of those aspects might be a common denominator.

  9. #9

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    That is a single core processor? and is your graphics card AGP?
    One of those aspects might be a common denominator.
    Steve, both are applicable to my set up.

    In the System Requirements of Stylus RMX, it makes no reference to this:

    MULTI-TIMBRAL (8 Parts) System Recommendations
    1GB RAM, 8GB free hard disc space for core library, DVD-ROM drive�Macintosh:
    OSX 10.2.6 or higher, 1gHz G4/G5 or better CPU
    Audio Unit, RTAS or VST host
    e.g., Pro Tools 6.4, Logic 6.x, Digital Performer 4.12,
    Cubase SX 2.2.0
    Windows PC:
    Windows 2000/XP, 1ghz Pentium IV or better CPU, sound card
    VST host
    Cubase SX 2.2.0, Abelton Live 4.0.4, Project5 1.5 and
    Sonar 2.2(with Cakewalk VST wrapper, not included),
    Fruity Loops Studio 4.5.2, Acid Pro 4.0f (Build 446)
    I didn't see any warning statements when I d/l'd the updates either.

    However, if I now have to finally admit defeat and upgrade my PC, then I am willing to do so. The Time function of the update just blows my mind and will ensure this is a priority expenditure over the childrens shoes.

  10. #10

    Re: Stylus RMX 1.8d playback issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul881 View Post
    However, if I now have to finally admit defeat and upgrade my PC, then I am willing to do so. The Time function of the update just blows my mind and will ensure this is a priority expenditure over the childrens shoes.
    Don't upgrade, I am having the same problem with a dual core and exceed all the specs. Everything worked fine until I installed 1.8.1d.
    Sonar 5
    Athlon 64 4400+ 2.2Ghz

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •