• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ingravity

Hi, this piece is only for fun purposes (well, i enjoyed a lot doing this ). All this is a retro exploration combining a Rhodes sound and the Garritan Steinway of course, is a kind of jazz trio but with pop music. Very simple, joyful and lighthearted, with 60´s rythmics and phrases. I was a lot of hours playing and mixing. I hope you enjoy it!.

Re: Ingravity

I always open a piece and listen to a bit of it before reading the post itself. A few seconds into the piece, I noticed I had the beginnings of a smile on my face. So once I read your post, I totally agree that this is a fun piece.

Almost has a Pacman ending.

If you care, at 00:39, the steinway is just a touch too hot and there is a quick crackle. I have noticed with the Steinway, that you really have to watch for high velocities.

Nicely done.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Nice mix Mr Keyboard.

Definitely a 60's feel. I can see those girls in their mini skirts

A lot of fun. I can tell you enjoyed doing this.

Thanks for sharing

Central Illinois

Nice feel on this one Victor! It reminds me a bit of Sergio Mendez and Brazil '66.
    I like the work you have done on this, Thanks! John

Although a retro exploration, you certainly give it a very contemporary feeling.

It is also very light, fluffy, easy going and fun to hear.

Another fun project well done!

Hasta la próxima...

Well done Victor.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Suburban NYC

Yeah, Victor! That was great!

Of course, as soon as you hear that tiney EP, I always start thinking of Bob James and his understated but cookin' style.

I enjoyed this ... really nice chord progression too.

Hi Ron, thanks for your comments, i am glad you smiled hearing this piece, it was the idea, a lighthearted and nostalgic theme. Thanks for your observation about the crackle, fortunately is a sequence so i can fix it.

Hi Alan and thanks, i like the picture of the mini skirts, is a good point, maybe i could title the piece "Ingravity a gogo". I´ve been hearing a lot of 60´s music lately and i really wanted to make a tribute.

Hi John, you are right, there is a slight bossa nova mood in the piece at the end. I like Sergio Mendez a lot. I´m glad you liked it. Thanks for your comment!.

Hi Judit, as you see, i worked with a completely different style, i´m glad you enjoyed it!. Next time i´ll change the mood with a very warm, calm and tender piece. Espero que también sea de tu agrado!.

Hi Aram, i appreciate your comment. Thanks!.

Hi Frank, the Fender Rhodes sounds has always attracted me, and i make an effort to achieve the special spirit of its golden age, that is unique and effervescent.

Hello, Victor - I'm late to the party, but glad I finally got here.

Really nicely done! I love the sound of an El Piano, and to layer it with the Steinway works beautifully in your breezy composition. Excellent mixing too.

"For fun"--yes, and that can be the case even when we're doing something more "serious"--Never give up on having fun with your gifts.

Randy B.

Thanks Randy, every now and then i prefer to compose this kind of music, less serious but joyful, relaxing, and always with a touch of nostalgia and idealization of times i never lived in.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast