• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - this made me very emotional

OT - this made me very emotional

I have to break silence from this end of the world, witnessing this one on Youtube. Hope you will be as surprised and moved as I was.

Re: OT - this made me very emotional

Wow thanks for this post.

Its a really good reminder that we shouldnt judge people by their outward appearances and write them off in the "no chance" pile like some of the judges and people in the audience were doing. She sure gave new meaning to the phrase "Dont judge a book by its cover".
    "The only stupid question, is the one that is not asked" ~ Anonymous

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks for sharing this. Inspiring.

There is another version there about 7 minutes 9 seconds that has more of the intro and also the judge's comments.

Well worth watching.

Ellendale, ND

I had not seen this before. After all the snide sideward glances from the audience and judges before she sang, it was a genuine pleasure to hear those powerfully confident tones burst forth. And did you notice that not only was the voice a major surprise, so was her entire demeanor, her confident posture while she sang - and her smile that said, "There, I knew I was good."

Thanks for sharing this Raymond.

The female judge stated that everyone was very cynical at the beginning and that they should learn from that. Lets hope so. Paul Potts was not that long ago and the same thing happened during his experience on the show.

Lets hope this video does teach people to not judge a book by its cover and will destroy stereotypes and labels. Lets hope that people learn to bypass the media enforced superficial acceptance based on appearance and look at what is inside them for that is what truly matters.

She had a lovely voice and a lovely disposition. She certainly makes this world a much better place.

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I found this absolutely stunning.

I just don't know what to say!

The audience looks and the laughs... boy did THEY get their comeuppance!

It was beautiful.

I don't know whether to believe Simon or not when he said he knew what was coming... I wouldn't be surprised that he expected it. After all, he surely knew about Paul Potts, and as a music producer he of all people SHOULD know "never judge a book by its cover".

What an amazing way to start the day! I wonder how many Susan Boyle's are around? I'm looking forward to the movie!

I would love to produce and engineer her CD. What a beautiful voice.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Go Back to forum