• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Gta 3 intro theme remake using Garritan Jazz

Share/Bookmark

Gta 3 intro theme remake using Garritan Jazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpqOX...e_watch&fmt=18

I always loved that Gta 3 intro song... so I tried to remake it yesterday.

The song is simple but always made me think of a fresh breeze on a sunny afternoon.

I did it by ear since i cant read notes.. i think i got a lot right though.. Maybe the strings are wrong... but the notes in these are a bit hard to hear for me.

All instruments from Gary Garritan Jazz except for the upright base (Collosus), the strings (hypersonic) and drums (Session drummer)
    Sequencer: Fl Studio 8.0

All props to composer mr. Craig Conner from the Rockstar crew!

The original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK6nqqzShJc

The origial

Re: Gta 3 intro theme remake using Garritan Jazz

Hi Keysersozeh,

Very nice! ... I listened to both and you have certainly nailed it. Actually, I think your harmon-muted trumpet sounded better than the original (sounded too tubby to me). Vibes were more prominent in the original.

This was great ... I enjoyed it; do you have any originals like this? Nice work.

Regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Keysersozeh,

Very nice! ... I listened to both and you have certainly nailed it. Actually, I think your harmon-muted trumpet sounded better than the original (sounded too tubby to me). Vibes were more prominent in the original.

This was great ... I enjoyed it; do you have any originals like this? Nice work.

Regards,

Frank
    Thanks for the kind reply Frank. I'm glad you like it. Yes, I'm trying out a lot of stuff at the moment. With Garritan Jazz I cant get vibrato working for the woodwinds. As soon as I figure that out.. ill have some nice ideas for woodwind solo's.

About the vibes.. I think I made a mistake there. I think in the original the composer used a Xylophone wich I have mistaken for a vibraphone.

Hi, I enjoyed your rendition of the theme, you are getting a good overall sound with those instruments. Nice job! The controllers that affect vibrato in JABB are aftertouch for vibrato and cc17 for vibrato speed. Thanks for sharing, John

John. Jabb is great! I knew about the controllers allready.. thanks anyway!! The problem is with my configuration Fl studio.. somehow.. i cant get it to work, while it did function a while ago. But i'll figure it out... thanks again and thanks for listening!

Hi again, I don't have FLStudio, but I looked into it a bit, and can't get my head around it's MIDI editing and automation scheme.....best of luck, hope to hear more of your music! John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi again, I don't have FLStudio, but I looked into it a bit, and can't get my head around it's MIDI editing and automation scheme.....best of luck, hope to hear more of your music! John
    Its sooo cool from you to try and help! Anyway.. I think got it working now.
    I made a short melody, with the mix above, to test the midi expressions with automations.. and it sounds like:

http://www.nfftrax.nl/trax/-1711968530-jazzmix.mp3

Should be ok now right?

Didnt get a strong vibrato.. but I guess thats the way its suppose to with this trumpet.

The Growl and breath expressions together are great. Shouldnt growl speed be variable? I tried to see if theres an option for that.

Thanks again!

Hi, That sounds good to me, but you are way ahead of me with the JABB instruments. I don't know if you've seen this tutorial on a few of the trumpet note release effects. Hopefully you will get some feedback from some of the members here who are brass players and up on the articulations in JABB. John

http://www.box.net/shared/paq1ezy0wk

I love that tune aswell.

and i especially liked your take on it!

it sounds great! a very nice mix and the video is also great.

hope to hear more from you!

dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

As somebody who played the crap out of all of the games in that series (I think I played GTA3 three times at least...) I think you nailed it.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast