• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Demos Available with Kontakt 2 Player?

Share/Bookmark

JABB Demos Available with Kontakt 2 Player?

Wondering if the JABB Demos are now available with the K2 Player. The one's I am referring were previously released with the old Kontakt player and were quite good. Has anyone re-done them with the K2 Player? They are:

Chuck Israels – Margot's Mood

Paul Read – Ballad for Mr. G
    Tom Hopkins – Psychosis in Trumpetsville
    Gary Lindsay – 5 saxes and 8 brass
    Gary Lindsay – 5 clarinets
    Gary Lindsay – Trombone section open and with mutes

Re: JABB Demos Available with Kontakt 2 Player?

They are still posted as a sticky here:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=45965

They don't appear to have been redone for KP2. Probably won't happen now with the plans to convert to the Aria interface. John

Yes, I do have those original demos, I was hoping someone had redone them for the KP2 Player. I have done some stuff with the KP2 player and JABB and it seems pretty straightforward, however, I have to admit I am not real clear about how the previous player worked, the conversion seemed a little onerous given my inexperience with KP1 player. I just picked up JABB last fall and it shipped with KP2. Very impressed with it, although, I have barely scratched the surface to date.

I have heard a little about Aria, any news on when it will be released and which products will be supported first? I have to believe GPO will probably be supported before JABB.

Regards

Are we talking about using Sonar and KP2? I took one of the original ones and imported it from the original Sonar version to Cubase SX 3! It might be with KP2, I have to check. I posted, in the past that I would convert them to what ever people on this forum would want because I use Cubase, Logic and Sonar and I often do mockups on all three platforms! No one responded and my post got taking off the forum. I'm willing to import the demos to KP2 because I've done one already! It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin View Post
    Are we talking about using Sonar and KP2? I took one of the original ones and imported it from the original Sonar version to Cubase SX 3! It might be with KP2, I have to check. I posted, in the past that I would convert them to what ever people on this forum would want because I use Cubase, Logic and Sonar and I often do mockups on all three platforms! No one responded and my post got taking off the forum. I'm willing to import the demos to KP2 because I've done one already! It's not that hard.

Yes, I was interested in getting those previously mentioned demos working in Sonar (v7) with KP2. If you could import them that would be awesome. Appreciate the response.

markno999,

are you still interested in those KP2 versions? I have one that I did in cubase SX 3 but I can do them in Sonar 7 or 8 and send you the project files! What would your prefer Sonar 7 or 8?

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin View Post
    markno999,

are you still interested in those KP2 versions? I have one that I did in cubase SX 3 but I can do them in Sonar 7 or 8 and send you the project files! What would your prefer Sonar 7 or 8?

Yes, that would be awesome, I am currently upgrading from Sonar 7 to 8 so either format would work, whatever is most convenient for you. Thanks

Mark, I'm so glad you said Sonar 8 because my machine that runs Sonar 7 has difficulties playing those demos. It's a laptop that can only have a maximum of 2GB of memory. JABB and the Kontakt Player 2 is a bear on memory so my machines that run Sonar 8 and JABB/Kontakt Player 2 are a much better choice. I'll contact you when I have them done and send you the project files. I don't think it would be possible to post them on the forum!

Looking forward to that, appreciate the effort.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by markno999 View Post
    Looking forward to that, appreciate the effort.
    Me too. Thanks for the work.

Go Back to forum