• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphobia stuck notes

Share/Bookmark

Angry Symphobia stuck notes

I bought Symphobia a month ago. I had some weird problems with a number of the patches (strings, woodwinds and multis) and was told they were known issues on my MAC (G5, non-intel 10.4.11)

So I got the latest greatest brand new MAC Pro 2X2.26GHZ quad-core, 10.5.6, 16GB of RAM. I use DP 6.02. I was so excited to finally use Symphobia to my heart's content only to find out I still have problems. I get these stuck notes all the time. I thought I'd fiddle with the options settings but did not help and there is no info in the booklet in regards to that, WTF??
    You go to there website, the FAQ is useless and no forums (there is to be some where are they?) NI forums don't have info because it's not their product. Needless to say I'm very disappointed so far with this product. It sounds good if you can get it to work properly which in itself seems like winning the lottery, but mainly the lack of documentation and support. You'd expect way better support for the CAN$2K I paid for it. I've got alot of ProjectSAM products and always thought they do outstanding stuff but this one seems to differ. Anyway I sure hope they will rectify this quickly.

So in the mean here I am asking fellow users to give me some tips on how to resolve this problem.

Re: Symphobia stuck notes

Hi IronChef_marc.

Really sorry you're having problems. Have you tried emailing them directly? Project SAM have always been pretty prompt when answering any queries I've had in the past. Incidentally I've got Symphobia and have been using it with a Mac Pro within Logic without a hitch.

Version 1.1 is due to be released sometime this month. As well as fixing a few of the known problems, there's over 800mb of new content. Oh, and it's free!

Cheers.

Nick

I did contact them when I had my first problems, took a 3 days to hear back. I had to email twice about getting a proper receipt from them since there was none included in the package.

I did email them again this morning but who knows when I'll hear back. 3 days is an eternity when you're a pro and trying to get things done. Anyway I sure hope the upcoming update will fix all the glitches, I would expect nothing short of that from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Harvey View Post
    Hi IronChef_marc.

Really sorry you're having problems. Have you tried emailing them directly? Project SAM have always been pretty prompt when answering any queries I've had in the past. Incidentally I've got Symphobia and have been using it with a Mac Pro within Logic without a hitch.

Version 1.1 is due to be released sometime this month. As well as fixing a few of the known problems, there's over 800mb of new content. Oh, and it's free!

Cheers.

Nick
    Where did you hear about how much content there will be????

I'm totally anxious to get this update!

It was posted on the 'other' forum. Can't name it here as it'll just get blanked out unfortunately.

Also the exta content in the update was mentioned during the Musikmesse demo.
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

found the video. Awesome. Now I REALLY cannot wait for 1.1

Go Back to forum