• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Over the Rainbow

Over the Rainbow

Well, we're finally back to rainbow season around here, so I thought I'd take a shot at reharmonizing this oldie "en mode de jazz":

Over the Rainbow, 2:52, 5.3Mb

Garritan Steinway v1.03 from the Player perspective.

Re: Over the Rainbow

Nice! I posted a solo jazz piano version of this in the Listening Room a while ago. Yours has a completely different vibe, though. That's what makes jazz so effin' great!

Thanks, davinwv! I'll see if I can find your version and give a listen.

P.S. I'm still waiting to complete the download to verify that the upload to box.net is good, and here you've already listened to it and left a comment! Broadband must be nice.

Yeovil, Somerset

Good to hear from you again!

This is a lovely take, new and exciting.

It's early morning here in England and you've set me up for a very happy day

thanks for posting!

Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Hi Dan,

Writing in this style is a little like working through a big box of candy, so I'm glad to read you found something in there worthwhile (aside from the excess sugar and all the weird flavors ).

Thanks for the listen!

Hi, Darwin - Ah so nice. I love your arrangement. Such a fine song composition to work with, and you did a warm, thoroughly enjoyable job of arranging it. Thanks for the chance to hear it.

Very nice Darwin. It's very intimate with the piano. Have you considered orchestrating this? I could hear strings and horns with a jazz trio or a lush big band arrangement. A number of possibilities jump to mind with the rich harmonies.

Good work,
    Steve Winkler

What do people have with rainbows? Besides that you made it very, very nice tune, well put and with great harmonies. It didn't rain all day, so no rainbows in real life and I'll have to do with this great performance. it made my day......

I was listening around in the listening room. and came across this.. an interpretation of one of my fav. songs. Thank you for this.. it was a great listen.

Wilton, NH

I really like this arrangement. A lot of great harmonies.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast