• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Watch this fun movie

Share/Bookmark

Watch this fun movie

Hi folks,
    this was fun....
    alot of work, but still fun. It is intended for educational purpose only,
    so please do not duplicate and/or distribute.

For a number of unknown reasons, the Windows version has poor video resolution compared to the Quicktime version. I know it has to do with a lot of various settings, many of which I am tired of messing with.

Quicktime

Windows

Re: Watch this fun movie

Excellent piano quality and equally magnificent filming. Your
    are really an artist with your screen capture program.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

HA HA HA first to the party Jack!

what a fun piece of music!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    Hi folks,
    this was fun....
    alot of work, but still fun. It is intended for educational purpose only,
    so please do not duplicate and/or distribute.

Quicktime

Windows
    Dan, the Windows version started without a hitch. The sound was great! Man, you really did a great job smoozing that midi file to the video. They look spot on. A fun project, good friend. Thanks.

David Wallis

Dan...

You are the master!

Really awesome work!! That does look like quite a lot of work, but the end result is fantastic!

40th try just kidding
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Dan

Just how long did this take?

The windows version did have some bad spots of video, but it was still great.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Thank you Ron!

I am embarrased to admit, but over 100 hours now.

I used a horrible midi file from the internet that had blatantly entered wrong notes so it could be identified I guess.. it is reasonable to now say that the original midi file is no longer recognizable.

I have a DVD of Yundi Li performing a bunch of Chopin pieces, and this one really stuck out to me as being a wonderful piece to demonstrate the softness and beauty of the Garritan Steinway, but it would also speak with great authority during the loud passages. The more I edited the closer it got to Yundi's performance. Since I am never truly happy or really finished with a piece of work, I recently revisited this work and refined it even more.

Gary and some folks at Steinway have seen the DVD that I made with the Garritan Steinway in place of the real audio, as well as Jeff H., Tom H. and some folks at Plogue. I made the DVD only for private viewing and since Yundi is a Steinway artist, it certainly is fascinating to watch, especially since the video is a real Steinway Concert Grand Model D, just like the GAS. I really am in awe of the dynamics and rubato that Yundi breaths into his playing.

I tried to duplicate as best I could HIS sound, from beginning to end with the Garritan Steinway. He breaks up a lot of the chords and arppegiates many of them so I had to move a bazillion notes, but it was a great experience.

I don't think there is a single note in the whole piece where I have not altered the velocity to match his.

Anyway what a hoot!
    Thank you much Sean and Jack for listening .. and watching.

David, thank you for your friendship, and helping with the screenflow editing
    Dan

I guess it would have been easier if he had been using a MIDI piano?

This is really no small feat; I smile each time I re-watch it. I know I definitely wouldn't have the patience or discipline for such a task! Really incredible!!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Dan, Thanks for sharing this here, it makes a cool presentation. The shots of the piano roll, and the Aria interface brought in over the video is very effective. 40th try indeed! John

That is excellent, Mr. Dan! I appreciate all of the work that went into this dazzling rendering. Thank you.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast