• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with instruments?

Help with instruments?

Is anyone here able to help me with the violins available on GPO? Why do they not sound like violins, but rather just like a synthesizer? Am I doing something wrong? I posted this question earlier, but haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd post it one more time before I give up...

Also, GPO crashes quite often even though I have way enough ram and memory. Very irritating.

Thanks for any help -

Re: Help with instruments?

Actually, you were provided a very good answer by BigEars here:

I can't think of anything to add, except to maybe browse the tips, techniques and tutorials forum to look up specific issues you might be having.

As for the crashing, no one can help if you don't post anything about your hardware, OS, etc and what you are doing when the program crashes. You should post this information in the technical support forum so the right folks see your post.

As BigEars said, you will have to put some time and effort into learning GPO. As far as orchestral libraries go you won't find one less complex to work with, but it still takes time to get up to speed. In the end it will be worth it!

As you are progressing ask (in the appropriate forums) specific questions and you will find people are more than willing to help.

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum