• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Romanza (Garritan Steinway)

Share/Bookmark

Romanza (Garritan Steinway)

Hi. This is a very warm and tender theme. I pursued something like a innocent and sentimental feel. It has, like always, a retro and romantic flavor.

http://rapidshare.com/files/222979118/Romanza.mp3

Regards,

Victor
    Last edited by mrkeyboard; 04-18-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Mistake in the title

Re: Romanza (Garritan Steinway)

Victor:

Absolutey beautiful. Your touch, the elegant piano quality, the
    individual dynamics or each hand and your expressiveness are
    qualities that make this "virtual" recording an awesome listening
    experience.

What perspective and reverb?

BRAVO,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Victor,

What a lovely piece to listen to on a Saturday evening in spring. Very well crafted and played. My congratulations.

I like the small twist at the Coda.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Victor:

Absolutey beautiful. Your touch, the elegant piano quality, the
    individual dynamics or each hand and your expressiveness are
    qualities that make this "virtual" recording an awesome listening
    experience.

What perspective and reverb?
    BRAVO,

Jack
    Thanks for your words Jack, i gave a lot of feeling to this work. About your question, i´m going to share some secrets. I used the close perspective (the best for me), but it´s the first time i explored with this curve:

At the same time, i created a softer version of it, using a curve of my own made with Trombettworks. I obtained a color richness using the soft pedal in section A and A´, and releasing it in section B.

Regards,

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Victor,

What a lovely piece to listen to on a Saturday evening in spring. Very well crafted and played. My congratulations.

I like the small twist at the Coda.

Steve Winkler
    Thanks Steve. Yes, i wanted to create a simple and deep work, that wouldn´t have technicals complications but a lot of expressiveness. About the twist at the end, yes, is surprising and a little intriguing.

Regards,

Victor

Victor,

Muy dulce y delicado!

Lovely piano sound, both soft and crisp.

I love the attention you give to the little details, whether it is in the melody, harmony or tone.

Fabulous ending part, but the last notes end abruptly. I think a fadeout would be perfect here.

Un verdadero placer para todos los sentidos...

~Yudit~

Hi Victor, This is nice and nostalgic. I liked the section that begins shortly after a minute in, nice melody there. Thanks! John

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Victor,

Muy dulce y delicado!

Lovely piano sound, both soft and crisp.

I love the attention you give to the little details, whether it is in the melody, harmony or tone.

Fabulous ending part, but the last notes end abruptly. I think a fadeout would be perfect here.

Un verdadero placer para todos los sentidos...

~Yudit~
    Hi Judit!, i combined two improvisations i recorded time ago. I usually record "bagatelles" that are too shorts, and for this reason i extended the duration with this blend an called it "Romanza". I´m totally agree with your observation about the abrupt end, i hadn´t noticed that. In this case it would be great i could use the gradations of the sustain of a real piano, because in a performance you graduate the release for musical reasons. Fortunately, in this recording i only would to apply a fade sfx to the audio.

Gracias!

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi Victor, This is nice and nostalgic. I liked the section that begins shortly after a minute in, nice melody there. Thanks! John
    Thanks John, the second theme was a single piece i blended with the first one, and the combination fits well.

Regards,

Victor

Wow! This is fantastic. Great, warm sound. I really enjoyed listening to this, and will definitely give it several more listens. Beautiful work.

Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast