• Register
  • Help

Topic: How can run GPO on my Overture 4?

Share/Bookmark

How can run GPO on my Overture 4?

Hello! I have windows vista and i want to run the GPO instruments on my overture 4 but i dont know how!

and in my XP i cant because the GPO studio is unavailable anymore!

http://www.garritan.com/support/GarritanStudio0002.zip is 404 error

Re: How can run GPO on my Overture 4?

Surely there is a help file that came with Overture 4? It is supposed to be able to handle any kind of VST hosting - is there no documentation?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    Surely there is a help file that came with Overture 4? It is supposed to be able to handle any kind of VST hosting - is there no documentation?
    I have the same question as the original poster - how to use GPO with Overture 4. I bought GPO off the Overture website, and they are supposed to work together.

The help file in O4 gives no clue. And, worse yet, the GPO manual has a paragraph devoted to this subject - it tells you to go to this website for information. That's it. I haven't been able to find any info regarding this on this website, and even e-mailed the site directly, but nobody answered. After paying big money for this program, it really sucks that there is no information (at least I can't find it) on how to use it with the Overture 4 program.

Thumbs down Re: How can run GPO on my Overture 4?

I just noticed the original post on this thread is over 8 months old, and nobody came up with any information. So now what am I supposed to do? Anybody?????

Quote Originally Posted by violasrsupreme View Post
    I just noticed the original post on this thread is over 8 months old, and nobody came up with any information.
    What exactly is your problem?

So now what am I supposed to do? Anybody?????
    Asking more detailled questions could eventually work better for you (and the OP too).
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

My problem is mostly, there is no readily-available-easy-to-find info on how to use this program with Overture. All the links I could find on this site and Overture site are so old most of them led to no longer active sites, or blank pages, or contained information not applicable to Overture 4.

All I want to do is open up Overture, input my score (I've been doing that for years, so that's not a problem), and have it playback using GPO instrument sounds. Which didn't happen - the sounds played back were from Overture. After many hours of fooling with it, I got it to work somewhat, and tried to write down the steps I've taken.

I don't expect someone to have to take the time to go through the process step-by-step; rather I expected that information would have been already available, in the user's manual or the "help" section of the programs.

If this process is so simple that no instructions are required from the software maker but someone nevertheless DID want to take the time to enumerate the steps required to make GPO instrument sounds play in the Overture program, I would be elated to print it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chopinist View Post
    Hello! I have windows vista and i want to run the GPO instruments on my overture 4 but i dont know how!

and in my XP i cant because the GPO studio is unavailable anymore!

http://www.garritan.com/support/GarritanStudio0002.zip is 404 error
    See this thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=68056

Also make sure that your installed .dll files are all in one place (moving/copying). Overture can not search different directories/subdirectories.

Raymond

I have Overture 4. What you need to do is go to VST->Set Folder, and then find the GPO 4 folder that contains VST instruments. After you've done this, restart overture (get out, then get back in)

Quote Originally Posted by William03 View Post
    I have Overture 4. What you need to do is go to VST->Set Folder, and then find the GPO 4 folder that contains VST instruments. After you've done this, restart overture (get out, then get back in)
    And see my last response in http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=68056

Mr. 03,
    Where is SEHIHIE?
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum