• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free standing version - bugs?!? help!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Free standing version - bugs?!? help!!!!

I installed the Pro version, got both versions 32 and 64 bits on my desktop.
    Loading either one takes ages and setting the preferences even more time.

When I load the 64 bits version no sound produced.

When I load the 32 bits version and I am trying to record from my midi keyboard I can hear what I am playing but no info is stored, just a silenced file. Yes I pressed that button to name a file and then it turned red, so I started playing thinking that it now recorded my improvisation... just hopes. No sound......

System: XP64.

Raymond

Re: Free standing version - bugs?!? help!!!!

Do you have a x64 soundcard driver installed on your system? What is your soundcard?

Jim

Soundcard = EMU1616M, 64 bits drivers loaded.

How about that NON-recording issue?

Raymond

I've got the 64bits version working, a question of assigning the right channels at the EMU1616M driver. But neither version (32/64) will record anything.
    Yes, again I pressed that upwards arrow, filled in a file name, that button turned red, I started playing, at the end of the piece I pressed that red button and ....... a complete blank wave file.

Why can't things be SIMPLE!!!!!

Raymond

You need to click on the red button BEFORE you start playing to start the recorder - just like on a tape recorder. From your explanation it sounds like you're clicking it after you play...

Curt

I got it working, both 32 and 64, thanks Curt. But why does it take so long to:

a: load that freestanding version (both) - at least 30 seconds
    b: load the preferences window - at least 45 seconds

Why is the 64bits version going to "Not responding" when I change a setting in Preferences, most of the time I have to force to end the process.

Raymond

a: load that freestanding version (both) - at least 30 seconds
    b: load the preferences window - at least 45 seconds
    This is really long.
    Can you send your log files to ARIA support?
    Just follow these steps:

1- Run the Steinway standalone/freestanding (32 bit)
    2- Open the preferences window
    3- Close the preferences window
    4- Close the standalone.
    (restart step 1 to 4 Steinway 64 bit)
    5- Run Report Technical Issue from the Windows task bar start menu > Programs > Garritan Steinway
    6- Attach the log files created on your desktop to the mail.
    7- Send mail

And Raymond, here's where you send that log:

aria.support@plogue.com

Something I'm not getting from your thread - it sounds like you're opening Preferences each time when you use the Steinway stand-alone. That should be pretty much a set-once-and-forget thing. It's just a matter of telling it what your sound card is, what sample rate you want to use and the buffer size.

I just checked my Preferences - it opened instantly, closed instantly, no wait. So obviously there's something wrong with your installation. The techies at Aria will be able to figure it out if you send the log file in as requested.

I also used a stop watch on the load time for Under The Lid - exactly 46 seconds. Now, I feel that's normal for an under-powered computer like mine--that is one Bushel and a half of samples to load!

Randy

Randy,I am NOT opening Preferences every time. I just did this as often as needed to get the sound thru my new sound system. For the rest I played with it a bit to see what happened when you set it for a higher bitrate.

And that loading time is NOT the time needed for loading the samples, it is the time needed to get that first display of the EMPTY window.

Thank you for the link,

Raymond

How do I make and access the logfile? Dr.Watson is only reacting on application errors.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast