• Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Near or far future? still waiting

Share/Bookmark

Near or far future? still waiting

2008: NAMM - presentation of the one and only Steinway
    2008: NAMM - presentation of ARIA player
    2008: NAMM - if I remember it right, presentation of RealSpaces
    2009: NAMM - if I am right, presentation of ARIA with updated GPO (to GPOA)

Raymond

Re: Near or far future? still waiting

who knows....I've been waiting for GPO ARIA since January. Then there was a couple of weeks delay. Now it's a couple of months.
    Those that have the Kontakt Player version are telling Gary to take his time with the new GPO and not rush anything. Get the best product out whenever it's ready. Those that do not have it and are waiting for the ARIA version have either purchased another software or are totally disapointed (raise hand). I still have the email from Gary promising the same price as in the christmas sale.
    Regarding the other products you mentioned I have no idea since they are of much lesser importance to me.

I just wish there would be more updates on these matters from a certified source.

Hello Yairhol,

I can understand your frustration. From the last 'authorative' messages I think GPO Aria is just around the corner.

[Quote] ... Those that do not have it and are waiting for the ARIA version have either purchased another software or are totally disapointed. [Unquote]

I'm sure we are all looking forward eagerly to Aria but we are getting on with using the present GPO with KP2 which works perfectly. Gary has announced a generous upgrade deal so I doubt that anyone wanting GPO would buy other software.

You must have your reasons for preferring to go without GPO altogether rather than use the present version with KP2 but, like many others, I can enjoy using my GPO and go on making my music in the meantime.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

It's looking better, I read today that DPDan has his hands on a beta version of GPO4, (in the Air for a G string thread).

Imminently is getting closer!

[QUOTE=Michael_uk;616478]Hello Yairhol,

I can understand your frustration. From the last 'authorative' messages I think GPO Aria is just around the corner.

... Those that do not have it and are waiting for the ARIA version have either purchased another software or are totally disapointed. [Unquote]

I'm sure we are all looking forward eagerly to Aria but we are getting on with using the present GPO with KP2 which works perfectly. Gary has announced a generous upgrade deal so I doubt that anyone wanting GPO would buy other software.

You must have your reasons for preferring to go without GPO altogether rather than use the present version with KP2 but, like many others, I can enjoy using my GPO and go on making my music in the meantime.
    Hi Michael,
    I don't have any version of GPO yet. I heard about GPO only on November of last year and wanted to buy it. Then there was the big talk about GPO ARIA coming out in January so I decided to wait with the purchase (no reason to learn learn how to use KP2 only to switch to ARIA a month or so later) so I waited....and waited...and I'm still waiting...
    It's not that I have the KP2 version and I want to switch to some other software.
    But I have no doubt that some people like me who don't have any version of GPO did not want to wait for so long and bought another software.
    I'm holding myself from doing that also.

.. and I didn't say buying other libraries. I just wondered where and when.
    I am fully aware that it is not an easy task to make it.

OK.. it is around the corner. Here? http://readingwritingliving.files.wo...a8d3dd5849.jpg

Raymond

[QUOTE=yairhol;616483]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello Yairhol,

Hi Michael,
    I don't have any version of GPO yet. I heard about GPO only on November of last year and wanted to buy it. Then there was the big talk about GPO ARIA coming out in January so I decided to wait with the purchase (no reason to learn learn how to use KP2 only to switch to ARIA a month or so later) so I waited....and waited...and I'm still waiting...
    It's not that I have the KP2 version and I want to switch to some other software.
    But I have no doubt that some people like me who don't have any version of GPO did not want to wait for so long and bought another software.
    I'm holding myself from doing that also.
    Hello Yairhol,
    For just a moment let me take the moderator hat off and also clarify that I am in no way a Garritan employee. I say this so that you understand I am coming to you with no bias for one software company or another.

Waiting to purchase any audio software until the next version is released is only going to be a frustrating experience for you. I highly recommend you purchase GPO today and get started enjoying the program. Aria will be a new sample engine true, but very little is going to change programming wise. In other words what you learn to do with the Kontakt version of GPO will apply when you have Aria. Hence, there is no reason to not go forward and purchase GPO, especially since you have price protection for the GPO 4 upgrade.

Just to level the playing field a bit. I've watched other products that have been delayed for a year before. Release dates were (unwisely) set by companies, expectations set and then people got frustrated when the release date were pushed back by months. I learned my lesson with a certain choirs product. I purchased the product during a sale with a huge discount and then let the product sit as the new version (for which I would get for a paltry $50 upgrade) was announced to be released in 3 months. 6 months later it still was not out. Then 9 months. I finally started using the program and the new version came out a year later than expected. No major changes were made for how to program the library so I had essentially missed out on 9 months of using the product. Arrgh! I had no one to blame but myself.

GPO 4 will be released when it is ready. You don't want it to be any other way or you will end up being frustrated with a buggy product. If you purchase GPO 3 you will not be frustrated waiting for version 4, you will learn how to program the library (and it takes time to get the basics down) and you will be able to get on making music. When version 4 comes out it will be gravy.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Well said Kevin.

I see many people on this forum inadvertently holding their creative endeavors hostage while they wait for a software upgrade. I do understand the anticipation and am looking forward to the update, but I press on.

I would encourage everyone to use the tools you have and KEEP WRITING and STUDYING. Don't let the availability or unavailability of software influence your creativity.

Just my $.02.

Steve Winkler

It is my experience that the wait however timely it may be is always worth it when for Garritan products. Keep your shirts on gents!

Yes, Please keep your shirts on!

Go Back to forum